#1 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hi Raymond,

This morning I applied the new update to our system, already seeing some of the fixes in email come through, quite happy about that.

However, I can't see how to schedule email campaigns. Is it possible the update hasn't updated everything? I removed the folders in the assets folder to ensure there weren't any temporary files interfering with the forms.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hello Andrew,

Excellent, glad to hear you're enjoying the email fixes! As for scheduling campaigns, this will occur after you set the "Launch Date" of the campaign, either through the campaign update page or through the inline editing mechanism. After a launch date is set in the future, a notice will be displayed under the campaign details indicating the date/time the campaign is scheduled, along with a button to validate the campaign settings before the campaign launches. Please let me know if the UI doesn't behave as expected and we can investigate. This raises a good point though, it may be more intuitive to have a labelled interface to schedule the campaigns. I'll share this idea with the other engineers here for possible improvements in the next release.

Raymond

#3 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

Hi Raymond,

Thankyou for the update. I've discovered the issue is the forms for campaigns weren't updated through any of the recent updates, as a result the new fields visible in 6.5.2 weren't visible in my installation. I've rectified it manually by recreating the form from my development installation, and have successfully executed a scheduled launch.

I'm unsure why the forms didn't update, I hadn't made any changes and it appears it was using some default form, the Form Editor showed empty forms for both Form and View in my live deployment while the development one showed the full form. 

Thankyou for your assistance.

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

Hi Andrew,

Excellent, glad to hear you successfully scheduled a campaign! Oh I see, yes the reason that the forms are not updated by default is due to the customization and storage of the form layouts in the database. Once the instance is already in use, the system will have stored form layouts according to the version it was created at, and any customizations performed. Without explicitly updating the stored layouts, an update should not change the chosen form layout. Also regarding the empty form/view layouts, this may be the case if a layout was never saved/modified. In this case, the system will generate a default layout on the fly.

Raymond

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users