4 replies to this topic

#1 LRSpartan

LRSpartan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

I have successfully imported via CSV file into the contact module new contacts. When I go back to the contact module, the new contacts do not appear. I do notice in the activity feed the contacts and click on the contact there. Then edit the recently imported contact and save. Then it shows correctly in the module. In thoughts about how to fix?

Thanks,

John

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

Hello John,

What fields did you map for your contacts CSV? This is likely due to either the default settings or provided values for the assignedTo and visibility fields. If visibility is set to "Private" (0 in the db), and the contact is assigned to "Anyone", the record will be hidden from grids. This is the mechanism used by the duplicate checker to hide duplicates. You'll want to ensure that visibility is either Public or User's Groups (1 or 2 in the db), or that if the record is private that it is assigned to a user or group. If you've customized the default values for these fields, you may want to verify that they do not hide records when they are created without a provided visibility and assignedTo. The new 6.6 release includes a "Find Missing Records" admin tool to help users locate records which may have been hidden in this manner.

Raymond

#3 LRSpartan

LRSpartan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for the response. I will check in to this and get back to you.

Regards,

John

#4 LRSpartan

LRSpartan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:32 AM

That was the issue. Thanks for your help!

#5 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

Excellent, glad to hear you've gotten to the bottom of this issue John! I'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Import, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users