• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xfactor

xfactor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Ok...I tried to do another fresh install after several issues and getting error 500 Error Message: Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated

I can finally at least get into login screen but now getting this message when I try to login. I double checked and I did input correct login. 

I checked the error log and here are the findings: [error] [php] Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated (/home/getrealcrm/public_html/x2crm/x2engine/protected/components/util/PasswordUtil.php:127)

Followed that path and here are lines of code in reference:

public static function createSalt() {
        if (function_exists('mcrypt_create_iv')) {
            return base64_encode(mcrypt_create_iv(self::PBKDF2_SALT_BYTES,
                            MCRYPT_DEV_URANDOM));
        } elseif (function_exists('openssl_random_pseudo_bytes')) {
            $random = openssl_random_pseudo_bytes(self::PBKDF2_SALT_BYTES, $strong);
            if ($strong === true) {
                return base64_encode($random);

I really want to test out this crm but seems to be alot of trouble with installing.

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 939 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Ah I see, it sounds like you're using PHP version 7.1.0 or newer, as they have deprecated that function in favor of more cryptographically secure functions. Please see https://secure.php.n...t-create-iv.phpfor further detail.

Please try a reinstall with the following patch to the createSalt() method in protected/components/util/PasswordUtil.php and let me know how it goes:

public static function createSalt() {
-        if (function_exists('mcrypt_create_iv')) {
+        if (version_compare(PHP_VERSION, '7.0.0') >= 0 && function_exists('random_bytes')) {
+            return base64_encode(random_bytes(self::PBKDF2_SALT_BYTES));
+        } elseif (function_exists('mcrypt_create_iv')) {

This will allow random_bytes() to be used when appropriate, falling back on the existing methods if unavailable.

#3 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 939 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:49 AM

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up on your PHP7 compatibility issue in createSalt(). Were you able to alleviate your issue by applying the provided patch?

Thanks!

Raymond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users