X2Community Forums

I'm looking to enable the Google Maps widget.  Per instructions here, my "main.php" file already appears to enable maps under the "registeredWidgets" array ('GoogleMaps').

Whether in List or Journal views or on the dashboard page, no page seems to have an option to display Google Maps though (I believe) I've created necessary API access.  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

PHNX

Something that may be throwing off your testing is that the Google Maps widget will be hidden from the UI if the record you are viewing, a contact for example, does not yet have a location associated with them. You can verify the presence of a location in the x2_locations table.

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for the reply and helpful suggestion.  I was able to see the widget for a test user I added to the Contacts module.  Thanks!

I'd created new modules with addresses (one demo user with same address as the Contacts test user) and am unable to view the maps widget or edit the layout to display the map in List or Journal views.  Please let me know if there's any setting I've missed in setting up the modules or elsewhere.

Thanks,

PHNX