#1 Alberto

Alberto

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

I'm trying to use the e-mail opened trigger in an X2 Flow and when I select Email Opened as the condition to try to specify which e-mail (I'm assuming by subject would be an option), there are no choices available in the dropdown.

See screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2017-03-12 19.32.12.png

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

The email opened condition functions a bit differently than expected. This condition is currently restricted to email sent within X2Workflow. If you have previously used an Email Contact action in your workflow, then you would be presented a dropdown of the node IDs for your email actions. As such, this lets you test whether they've opened a particular email sent in your workflow, but can not yet accept a generic email opened criteria, such as on an arbitrary subject. However, I think this is a desirable feature, so I will make note of it for future X2Workflow improvements.

#3 Alberto

Alberto

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hi Raymond, thank you for the prompt reply and explanation about the email opened condition. This seems to be different than the email opened trigger as it's what kicks off the workflow. How does that one work?

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

The email opened criteria below the trigger is actually the same criteria that can be added onto a Condition Action. It should probably be hidden from the dropdown for the Email Opened trigger, as it will never work that way as it functions now. If you add an email action to your workflow, you should see the node ID appear in the criteria, even though that email could never have been logically opened at the moment the trigger is fired. It would be more appropriate for the email opened trigger to have dedicated parameters to check for matching subject or something similar. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!

#5 Alberto

Alberto

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

Got it, that makes sense. So what is the use case for the Email Opened Trigger itself currently? When is it triggered?

#6 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

This trigger is fired when any emails sent from the InlineEmail widget are opened. Due to the limited criteria here, I'd imagine it would actually be a bit difficult to limit what the flow operated upon. You would probably need to use tags, lists, or processes to maintain the state the record was in, then only act on the Email Open trigger when they were present.

#7 Alberto

Alberto

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

Interesting, I wouldn't have guessed it was specific to the inline e-mail widget so thank you for explaining. Definitely would be helpful to have subject matching as you mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users