• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LordMatt

LordMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

I have a situation where I would like to offer visitors the option to pre-register interest for one or more seminars. Right now I have three identical web lead forms with different tags but as the seminar list grows so too will the number of forms. It there a way of using one form?

Also, are tags really the best way we have of recording interest by leads? Ideally, I would like to associate the lead with a particular conference (product perhaps?)

What can you recommend?

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Yes in this situation, I believe separate webforms with different tags are the way to go. The alternative would be to use another trigger such as web activity to mark a lead as interested in a product. You might use a condition based on the URL of your site that they reach, for instance say a particular product. You would then tag them with interest in that product, say #interestedProductA, and subsequently check for that tag later.

I would recommend either continuing to use Tags for their flexibility, or considering keeping the Contacts in a list. Tags may be more manageable, and can be used across the various modules, unlike lists.

#3 Webservio

Webservio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:22 PM

Matt we were having a similar problem with way too many nearly identical forms. This article was helpful to us: http://community.x2c...aweb-form-lead/

Assuming that you have different pages for each of your seminars, you could use the same form with the URL field as described in the post. Then create a flow that adds a tag for the associated seminar based on the URL where the form was submitted. Alternately you could create a checkbox field for each seminar to use instead of tags. Assuming that a given contact might be interested in more than one seminar, you'll need something that can be added (a tag) or checked (checkbox) with each change to that URL field on the contact record. In our experience a multi-selectable dropdown doesn't work in this case since updating it via workflow does not retain the previously selected options. Hope that helps : )

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: registration, leads, forms, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users