• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

I'm making a Workflow with condition like picture below

Attached File  WorkFlow_Quotes_Updated.JPG   54.14KB   4 downloads

Trigger: Record Updated
+ Record Type: Quotes
+Compare attribue is Invoice Status: equals Paid

and I want update field Deal Value from Contact record linked with Quotes by Contact field. I think have to use {attributes} and {chained attributes} to do this but still on finding out how to do. How can I do this with Workflow?

Attached File  WorkFlow_Quotes_Update_Record_Contact.JPG   53.95KB   3 downloads

#2 ToanLuong

ToanLuong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:40 AM

I've made new workflow with Flow actions Change Record like picture below

Attached File  WorkFlow_Quotes_Update_Link_Field_Contact.JPG   47.05KB   1 downloads

And I add Update Record and Email flow actions

in Update Record, I choose Deal Value but I still no successfully in formula plus Total of Quote and current Deal Value like this: ={dealvalue}+{c_quote.total} 

I've tried other formula  ={dealvalue}+{quote.total} and  ={dealvalue}+{total} but the same result.

Attached File  WorkFlow_Quotes_Update_Record_Deal_Value.jpg   65.08KB   1 downloads

Please show me the correct formula to plus Total of Quote and current Deal Value of Contact

#3 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:22 AM

Have you already set up a link from the Contact to the Quote? After switching focus to the Contact with the Change Record action, you're still going to need to be able to access the Quote total. To do so, you'll want to add a custom lookup field from Contacts to Quotes. Since a Contact will ideally lead to multiple quotes, you may want a "current quote" field or similar. Then, before changing to the Contact, set the lookup field to the quote's nameId field to facilitate lookups. Then, assuming a custom field named "quote," after you've changed to the contact, you can update the dealvalue with the formula ={dealvalue} + {c_quote.total}

#4 ToanLuong

ToanLuong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Have you already set up a link from the Contact to the Quote? After switching focus to the Contact with the Change Record action, you're still going to need to be able to access the Quote total. To do so, you'll want to add a custom lookup field from Contacts to Quotes. Since a Contact will ideally lead to multiple quotes, you may want a "current quote" field or similar. Then, before changing to the Contact, set the lookup field to the quote's nameId field to facilitate lookups. Then, assuming a custom field named "quote," after you've changed to the contact, you can update the dealvalue with the formula ={dealvalue} + {c_quote.total}

Thanks Raymond, I've add field Latest Quote to Contacts module like picture:

Attached File  Make_field_Latest_Quote.JPG   28.21KB   3 downloads

But I don't know how to do "before changing to the Contact, set the lookup field to the quote's nameId field to facilitate lookups."

Please show more detail about this step!

#5 ToanLuong

ToanLuong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Finally, I've done what you guide and have correct result

1. Create custom lookup field from Contacts to Quotes, my field is Last Quote

2. Create new quote and link to contact

3. Edit contact and set the lookup field to the quote's nameId field manually

4. Create workflow with formula

I have another question in step 3: "Edit contact and set the lookup field to the quote's nameId field manually", can automatic this step by auto add last quote linked to contact in step 2 to custom lookup field? 

#6 solar345

solar345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:52 AM

Hi X2Raymond, 

when you said the following in the reply above:: 

Then, before changing to the Contact, set the lookup field to the quote's nameId field to facilitate lookups

did you mean to do it manually or within the x2flow?

#7 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

Setting up the lookup field requires that you change the field itself, not in X2Workflow

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#8 solar345

solar345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:04 AM

I wonder what this means: 

https://www.x2crm.co...feature-update/

New in this release is a “Change Record” X2Workflow Action. This new workflow action allows users to switch to a related record during a workflow execution. Users can use it to do things like update a “total sales” amount on a Contact when a Quote is marked as won or otherwise update related records in response to X2Wofkflow triggers.

Does it mean that you can only increment total sale count and not the total sale value because to get the total sale value, you will have to carry forward that value from the previous record. 

#9 cgodwin

cgodwin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:41 PM

I wonder what this means: 

https://www.x2crm.co...feature-update/

New in this release is a “Change Record” X2Workflow Action. This new workflow action allows users to switch to a related record during a workflow execution. Users can use it to do things like update a “total sales” amount on a Contact when a Quote is marked as won or otherwise update related records in response to X2Wofkflow triggers.

Does it mean that you can only increment total sale count and not the total sale value because to get the total sale value, you will have to carry forward that value from the previous record. 

Following this post, I'm hoping the admins are able to answer this as well. Since I have made a similar "total point value" field in the Quotes module and need the contact's field to regularly update the total of that field every time a new Quote record is created and associated to that contact.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workflow, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users