• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LordMatt

LordMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

When creating a web lead form I have the option to send two emails, one called "user email" and one called "weblead email".

I assume that user email sends the email to the person filling out the form and the other to the person the lead is assigned to?

Anyway, however that works (I am sure I can figure it out in time), how do I create the email templates that should populate those lists?

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 939 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

The "user email" will be sent the the X2CRM user who the Contact is assigned to, while the "weblead email" will be sent to the Contact who submits the form.

To create an email template, navigate to the Docs module and select "Create Email" in the left-hand action menu. Currently, email templates cannot be used for a User, so the user email will not have any insertable attributes such as {username} available.

#3 LordMatt

LordMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:02 AM

The "user email" will be sent the the X2CRM user who the Contact is assigned to, while the "weblead email" will be sent to the Contact who submits the form.

Oh right, that could definitely stand to be clearer. I'm glad you said something.

To create an email template, navigate to the Docs module and select "Create Email" in the left-hand action menu. Currently, email templates cannot be used for a User, so the user email will not have any insertable attributes such as {username} available.

Documents, right. I did not think of looking there. If I understand this right, the user that gets the lead will not have template values filled out but the end user (the lead) will. I think I can live with that.

Thanks for the clarification. This is quite a lot to learn.

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 939 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:28 AM

Ahh I see, thank you for the feedback, I will see about some appropriate improvements to the description on the user/weblead email configuration.

While you cannot have an email template that performs replacement on a user, you can use the attributes of the new weblead in your user email, such as to provide the name or address to the assigned user. For reference, when you're creating an email template, the record type dropdown will include the models which support email templates.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email, template, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users