X2Community Forums

How do I send a lead a PDF file as part of an automated email?

I have created a form which captures a minimal amount of information (name and email) and using automation based on tags the lead is added to the correct newsletter. I want to also send them a thank you email with the PDF ebook that will be the whole reason for signing up.

How do I do that?

You'll want to use the Email Contact action in X2Workflow after your New Web Lead trigger. Currently the Email Contact action in X2Workflow does not have a facility for directly adding attachments, so this would need to be performed by providing a link to the ebook. However, adding the PDF as a native attachment would be preferable, so I'll mark this as a feature request and see about enhancing this for a future release.

• Like 1

Currently the Email Contact action in X2Workflow does not have a facility for directly adding attachments, so this would need to be performed by providing a link to the ebook.

I was worried you might say that. Yes, please do add this as a feature request as ebooks are likely to be a large part of the customer process for me. I take it I shall have to offer the download externally to the CRM?

Yes, that's correct. However, if you have filesystem access to the CRM, you can save them in the uploads directory (not uploads/protected) and serve directly from there. Standard uploads are stored in uploads/protected and are inaccessible via standard web requests.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will look into possible improvements regarding this use case.

• 2 years later...