Photo

How do I send a lead a PDF file as part of an automated email?

email attachments autoresponder staff response

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LordMatt

LordMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 06:58 AM

I have created a form which captures a minimal amount of information (name and email) and using automation based on tags the lead is added to the correct newsletter. I want to also send them a thank you email with the PDF ebook that will be the whole reason for signing up.

How do I do that?

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:27 AM

You'll want to use the Email Contact action in X2Workflow after your New Web Lead trigger. Currently the Email Contact action in X2Workflow does not have a facility for directly adding attachments, so this would need to be performed by providing a link to the ebook. However, adding the PDF as a native attachment would be preferable, so I'll mark this as a feature request and see about enhancing this for a future release.

#3 LordMatt

LordMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

Currently the Email Contact action in X2Workflow does not have a facility for directly adding attachments, so this would need to be performed by providing a link to the ebook.

I was worried you might say that. Yes, please do add this as a feature request as ebooks are likely to be a large part of the customer process for me. I take it I shall have to offer the download externally to the CRM?

#4 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:41 PM

Yes, that's correct. However, if you have filesystem access to the CRM, you can save them in the uploads directory (not uploads/protected) and serve directly from there. Standard uploads are stored in uploads/protected and are inaccessible via standard web requests.

Thank you for your suggestions, I will look into possible improvements regarding this use case.

#5 LordMatt

LordMatt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

Okay, thanks. I started working on a script that will only serve the download if you have the link.

#6 Tango November

Tango November

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 03:04 AM

Hello,

Any update on the question about attachment to forms asked by LordMatt in February 2017?

Thank you!

#7 Justin

Justin

x2force

• Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 08:33 AM

Hi Tango November!

We are still working at this feature! Most likely it will be released early next year! 

Sincerely,

Justin 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: email, attachments, autoresponder, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users