1 reply to this topic

#1 Jkarl.Georges

Jkarl.Georges

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hi!

I am just starting to implement X2 into our small business and we love what it has to offer - so thank you!!

The questions that I seek to have answered are as follow, please keep in mind that I am no programing expert but I am up for a challenge:

1) is there a way to create lookup fields as a dropdown list. For example , I would like to be able to have one lookup field that offers me the option to choose between vendors, customers or partners custom module while recording an opportunity. A dropdown lookup field of multiple choice modules reduces the need to have a vendor lookup, a customer lookup field and a partner lookup field in the opportunity or any other module where the need to choose between two separate entity is essential in our business workflows.

2) How can I go about adding Product / Line items to modules such as opportunities or custom modules such as contracts and projects.

3) is there a way to capture time report from the action timer. Any insight on best practice would be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate you take to answer any of those questions.

Best regards,

Jean Karl

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 898 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

Hello Jean Karl,

1. No, there currently isn't an option to use a dropdown for an autocomplete field, but that is an interesting idea. Not sure if you've come across it yet, but the lookup fields should have an autocomplete on them to select from records matching what you enter. If you'll only have a few different options for your vendors, partners, etc., then you could add a custom dropdown and use X2Workflow to set the appropriate lookup fields. You would want to use the Record Updated or Record Created trigger with a condition that your custom dropdown has changed. Then, use a series of conditions to test for your particular values in the dropdown, and on each of these branches, set the lookup field as appropriate. For the value of the lookup field, you'll want to set it to the nameId of your target record so that the links are resolved properly.
  2. The line items functionality in quotes has not yet been generalized unfortunately, so this would require a fair amount of custom code. You'll want to add a join table between your model and Products, then add it to the model's relations() method, similar to how it is done in the Quote model. Then, you'll want to copy and customize the _lineItems partial, before updating the model's view to render that partial in addition to its FormView. You'll want to use the Customization Framework (http://wiki.x2crm.co...ation_Framework) to persist your changes through updates.
  3. One way you could do so is by creating a Rows and Columns report. You'll want the condition Action Type equals "time" and to include the Time Spent column. You'll also want to include either the Contact name or Quote name to organize them according to the related record.

Raymond

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lookup Fields, Custom Modules, Dropdown, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users