• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gfl

gfl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

How to add email credentials for third party email accounts?

I've tried to add email credentials for 2 different email accounts, with security types none and ssl disabled to encounter - Failed to authenticate! Please check your credentials.

Adding email credentials for a gmail or outlook account authenticated without problem.

#2 gfl

gfl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:09 AM

Adding the same email credentials to vTigercrm works without problem.

vTigercrm allows specification that the outgoing server requires authentication.

x2 doesn't allow that.

#3 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 763 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

Which Email Service Provider are you using, or is your email server self hosted? You can provide authentication options within X2 as well, but would you happen to mean that your email server does not require authentication? If that is the case, you'll want to instead check out the "Default Email Delivery Method" on the Email Settings page in the admin panel. If the email server is on the same server, you can leave it as the default 'Sendmail', then use the 'legacy' method when selecting the From account on the InlineEmail widget.

#4 gfl

gfl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

https://www.crazydomains.co.nz/is hosting my email.

My self-hosted x2engine version 6.5.2 is on a different server.

My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.

From your message I can't decipher which setup method you are suggesting, where on the admin panel to find Email Settings or whether that is the method you are suggesting to solve this problem.

Now, also, how do I remove the outlook account I'm temporarily using while waiting to work out how to use the email account I want to use?

#5 gfl

gfl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:16 PM

Why is x2engine so problematic for authenticating/integrating latest-standard email accounts, which are so easily setup on other clients including vtigercrm on the same server?

My outgoing email server (SMTP) requires authentication. 

Outgoing IMAP port is 587 with no security type.

I see on the admin panel where to find Email Settings, but can't how to use that feature to overcome x2engine non-compatibility with standard/latest email account integration/authentication.

#6 gfl

gfl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:56 PM

My workaround for this x2-email-client problem, so that  emails to and from contacts are correctly associated, is to:

1. Use gmail as my x2 email account. 

2. Set import mail from my preferred domain/email account to the gmail (set at gmail>settings>Accounts and Import')

3. When sending email from my preferred email account always bcc the x2 gmail account.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add email credentials, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users