#1 Denis

Denis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

Hi

I have some troubles with creating emails. I created responsive email with mjml framework. Email looks good on mobile devices and PC. If I send this email to contact personal (from Contact page -> email) it looks good too. But when I use this template in Marketing Campaign or save it as Template, it looks ugly. HTML code of saved email is not the same that I inserted into editor, it doesn't have many tags and properties. Is there any option in X2 to set "don't touch my HTML code"?

Thanks

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

Hi Denis,

Unfortunately some tags or attributes may be stripped by the HTML Purifier for security reasons. When you pasted the email markup into your template, had you switched to the "source mode" in the CKEditor? I haven't used mjml before, but have done the same with others like Foundation for Emails without issue. Can you share a snipped of the markup with before and after?

Thanks!

Raymond

#3 Webservio

Webservio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:37 PM

We have been having trouble with this for years, but it seems to be even more problematic recently. It is very frustrating as it makes it impossible for us to send responsive email templates to our list. Several particular problems we've noticed:

• When initially saving an email template within the Docs module, the whole <head> is stripped out. If we edit the newly created template and paste in the same source code a second time, it does not do this. Apparently something about the sanitization is different when first creating the doc versus subsequent edits.
  • When sending an email using the campaign module, much more gets stripped out. This does not happen with emails that are sent to an individual contact or even when a campaign test email is sent. It only happens when the campaign is actually launched. It would be great if we could disable whatever sanitization process runs as part of that. Surely there is a way to do that since it is not a problem with other types of emails that are sent. Per our observations, these are the types of html code that get stripped out:
  1. The full <head> section
  2. The <body> tag
  3. All comments like <!--A comment--> (this is frustrating because it prevents use of specific directives for mso products like Outlook)
  4. Some style declarations, including max-width, display, and overflow.
  5. Img width
  • Another problematic aspect is that character codes get added even for something as basic as tabs and = signs. We believe that this has contributed to our emails getting flagged as spam due to content filtering. It seems to be added within the docs module since the test emails also show this. Other emails that we receive from other sources do not have these character codes so it doesn't seem to be a function of the email client (Thunderbird).

Here are links to screenshots of the same code snippet:

1. The original code: https://www.webservi...de-original.jpg
  2. After being saved as a doc and re-edited: https://www.webservi...code-x2docs.jpg
  3. Campaign email sent using the test feature: https://www.webservi...est-message.jpg
  4. An actual sent campaign email: https://www.webservi...ign-message.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is a big problem for us and I'm sure for others as well. Many X2 users may not even realize that this is happening since it does not happen with the campaign test emails.

#4 dev

dev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:40 AM

Sorry for bumping relatively old thread but is there any update on this? It is a serious issue that I have experiencing, if CK editor is breaking templates then it should be made optional

#5 jack

jack

Newbie Member

• Moderators
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Hi Dev,

We are looking into having other editors in the app, we don't have a definitive schedule but that is something we are working on. 

-Jack

#6 dev

dev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:54 AM

Hi Dev,

We are looking into having other editors in the app, we don't have a definitive schedule but that is something we are working on. 

-Jack

Hi Jack

And is there any workaround this? to bypass the editor somehow?

#7 jack

jack

Newbie Member

• Moderators
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:23 AM

Hi Dev, 

If you can generate the HTML your self you can place it in our editor using "Source" mode, or place it directly in to the database if you can log into the mySQL database you have.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emails, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users