3 replies to this topic

#1 ToanLuong

ToanLuong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

Hi all!

I'm using latest 6.5.2 version and I've created an contact. After that, I've made a form to collect First Name and Email. 

When exist contact submit form, it has Fingerprint ID (exist user I've created has no Fingerprint ID), I've merged 2 Contact. But when edit to update information of merged Contact, It shows error

Please fix the following input errors:

• Fingerprint ID "4" has already been taken.

like picture I've attached

Fingerprint ID 4.png

#2 ToanLuong

ToanLuong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:57 AM

Update: I've tried to delete Fingerprint ID "4" in page http://mycompany.com...ingerprintIndex but still cannot update contact merged from exist Contact and New Contact

#3 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

This one is due to the fingerprintId field of the original record to be merged not being cleared when creating the new merged record, hence violating the foreign key constraint. To correct, please clear the fingerprintId field of the affected records, then merge and update the merged record's fingerprintId field to the previous value. You can quickly clear that fingerprintId field with the SQL query: 'update x2_contacts set fingerprintId = null where fingerprintId = 4;' I'll begin a fix for this issue for the next release, thank you for reporting!

#4 ToanLuong

ToanLuong

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for quick response, Raymond! :)

I've update database with your SQL query and can update contact normally. Hope this error will be fix soon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users