#1 mgiammarco

mgiammarco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:10 AM

Hi,

I would like to see if I understand correctly x2crm features regarding sync/integration.

I see:

1) I can create in my user more than one imap/smtp account

2) I can use only one account in email view/editor

3) I can automatically track and associate emails to leads only from one account

4) I can easily sync calendars to google

5) I do not know if I can sync contacts to google or to my android phone

Can you help me in improving my knowledge of x2crm?

Thanks,

Mario

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hi Mario,

Welcome to the community! I'll try to provide a bit more detail on the points you've raised, please let me know if you have any other questions.

1. This is correct, each user can have multiple SMTP/IMAP accounts. Additionally, an account can be marked as a system account to be used for various automated emails in the system.
  2. With multiple accounts added, you'll be able to use them in both the Inline Email widget and the Email Inbox module. For the email widget, they will be presented in a dropdown at the top of the window labelled "Send As: ". For the email inboxes module, each user can set up a primary inbox, then add more "shared" inboxes. You can then set the "visibility" of the shared inbox to limit which users can access it.
  3. Emails can be automatically logged to any of the contacts and service cases associated with the email. This is controlled by a setting in each of the Email Inboxes, for both outbound and inbound email logging. For emails that are missed or do not have an associated contact record, they can be manually associated with a contact when viewing the email. A contact can be quick-created from email details if you hover over the sender name in the email index. However, if you have users adding copies of the same email account, you'll want to only perform logging on one of those to avoid duplicates.
  4. Yes, with the 6.5 release, calendaring underwent a massive overhaul and now supports two way Google Calendar sync through CalDAV.
  5. Currently contact sync to/from Google must be performed by CSV import/export. With the app in particular, currently you can import contacts into your CRM from your phone, but not yet in the other direction.

Hope this helps!

Raymond

#3 mgiammarco

mgiammarco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply! 

Better than I hoped!

Now I wait for improvements in point 5 (probably the simplest thing is using carddav because there are several carddav clients for android that do bidirectional sync).

Now I try to add more mailboxes!

Thanks,

Mario

#4 mgiammarco

mgiammarco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Regarding 2) I created two shared inboxes using admin account and I have limited them on my personal account.

I logged in my personal account and I have seen two notifications that I have two shared inboxes.

But now? I have found a plus button in email module to add another inbox but in the list I do not see shared inboxes.

Regarding 5) to enable caldav do I need to add a google integration account? If so I opened another thread because I get a 403 permission denied.

Thanks again for help.

Mario

#5 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hi Mario,

Hmm you might want to verify the visibility settings then. When you click the plus, is the shared inbox present in the multiselect, or does it not appear in the tabs with "My Inbox"? What about under the "Shared Inboxes" link in the left hand side, can you see the other inboxes you created?

I've just taken a look at your Google Integration issue in your other thread, and it sounds like you've already gotten it configured successfully, but the Google Project option is incorrectly available for ordinary users and brings you to that error. You won't need to reconfigure it for each individual user, only initially as admin.

Raymond

#6 mgiammarco

mgiammarco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:48 AM

Hi Raymond,

when I click the plus in the multiselect there is only my inbox.

Please note that in my ordinary user I do not have "shared inboxes" link. 

I had to create the additional inboxes as admin, then assign (limit visibility) them to my user.

Coming back to my user I have seen a notification that admin gave me to mailboxes but I stop there.

Probably my user miss some authorization to use shared inboxes.

I have seen the solution for google integration.

Thanks,

Mario

#7 mgiammarco

mgiammarco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Please... last help for me and then I will do on my own.

#8 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:51 PM

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the late reply! Based on your description, it sounds like the Credentials for that account may not be owned by system. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed after the Credentials are created, so you'll need to remove and add the credentials again under "Manage Apps." You'll also want to ensure "private" is unchecked. Once you've done this and recreated the shared inbox, it should become available in the multiselect that appears when you click the plus icon above the inbox. Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue and we can investigate.

Raymond

#9 mgiammarco

mgiammarco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

Ok following your suggestions I have solved the problem.

Please note that in addition tu uncheck the "priv" field you must put in credentials_userid field the value system and not admin.

Now I must solve the "empty calendar" problem....

#10 cimenta

cimenta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationthe Czech Republic

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:08 PM

1. Currently contact sync to/from Google must be performed by CSV import/export. With the app in particular, currently you can import contacts into your CRM from your phone, but not yet in the other direction.

Hope this helps!

Raymond

hi Raymond

is it possible in current release to have contact sync to Google contacts automatically?

Thank you

Radek

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users