• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 advancedalarmtec

advancedalarmtec

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:33 PM

I have added a custom 'Service Date' field to the Services Module.  I would like to create a workflow that would automatically create a calendar event with the date equal to the 'Service Date' linking the service case to the calendar event.  I have been looking and reading through the user manual and the X2 Workflow In-Depth user manual with no luck.  Any ideas?

#2 ahouston

ahouston

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

create a new workflow with trigger of record updated, select your service record as the type. Then drag Create Action over as the next step. Under Due Date, put your variable name in brackets, for example {c_ServiceDate}

#3 carlof76

carlof76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:54 AM

Has anyone been able to get this working? I am able to create an action but it will not place it on the calendar.

Thanks

#4 ahouston

ahouston

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:02 AM

correction to above. Instead of doing a Create Action, co a Create Record. you must know the calendar id for the calendar you want it to appear on. also use description, due date attributes. I believe all others are optional additional info.

#5 carlof76

carlof76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 08:37 AM

Hello Thanks!

I have done this but this means I would have to create a flow for each user I have 34 users right now. I don't know if this would create some type of bottleneck with the software.

Also, I created a flow on Record Updated / with condition of assignedTo and Date Changed. This works and puts a calendar event on the assignee's calendar,  However it is only a place mark

it is not linked to the service record. When I create an action w calendar event from within the service record using the action widget manually it added the calendar event to the assignee's calendar

when you click on the calendar event on the calendar it lets you open the service record (Has a button "View Service") when it is done with the flow it does not have this button to view the record.

One more question.. So if this is placing a calendar event on the assignee's calendar, how do I create a flow that deletes that even when I change the date on the service record.

for example. If I have a service record with the date of tomorrow but I reschedule it to next week. It will add the new calendar event but the old calendar event stays on the calendar as well.

I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks for your help on the first question!!

#6 ahouston

ahouston

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 23 November 2018 - 07:06 AM

For first part of question, use attributes Associationid = {id}, AssociationType = services, Association = {name}

As to how to delete the previously created record by flow - not sure that's possible within X2. 

#7 carlof76

carlof76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:20 AM

Thank you very much this works great! just cant deleted previous calendar event when a record is updated by rescheduling the date or time.

I guess we will have to do this manually until a fix comes out, but at least it is adding the calendar event now. Thanks again!

#8 carlof76

carlof76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

I would like to add that if you use....  ={assignedTo.id} -2      in the calendar ID you will not need to do a flow for each individual user to make this work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users