X2Contacts I18N

language internationalization I18N

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

X2Contacts utilizes Yii's excellent I18N capabilities, supporting complete application translation on a per-user basis (you can choose a default language on install). Our beta release ships with 9 complete languages:
  • American English
  • French
  • German
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Mandarin
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Spanish
Translation template files are included so customers can translate X2Contacts into virtually any language. The translation scheme is very straight forward. We recommend looking at Yii's I18N guide here: http://www.yiiframew.../en/topics.i18n

Note: We provide these language packs as-is. As of yet, we have not been able to hire professional translators, so the quality of the translations is not guaranteed (especially with non-western charsets). If you see any mistakes, please feel free to let us know, or upload the fixed language files to the forums!

#2 abennouna

abennouna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Hi everyone

Is pack upload here preferred to pull requests on Github? Or are they equal?

I have some changes for the French version to submit.

Thanks

Edit: I'm sorry if I chose the wrong thread. I see now it says "X2Contacts…". My question is applicable to X2Engine in fact. I'm using 1.6.5

Edited by abennouna, 25 August 2012 - 03:47 AM.

#3 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi!

X2Contacts was an old name for the software, X2Engine and X2Contacts are the same thing. For changes to the language, I recommend posting a zip file here. GitHub is notorious for corrupting the encoding of our language files, and as such that's probably the best method.

Jake
Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: language, internationalization, I18N

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users