eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:58 AM

Hi guys,

I am generating various ACTION reports (Grid and other) based on date fields as criteria. To limit my report outcome, as example to this month's data, I include criteria of Create Date (Month) must equal 6 for June.

Can one use {variables} in these criteria fields to have the month be {currentmonth} or something to always have the field as the current month.

in my way described above it means I will always have to update the report criteria for the current month instead of having it 'trail'.

I hope this explains what I want to do.

Thanks

Eugene

#2 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

Hi Eugene,

Unfortunately that's not possible right now--but I agree that it would be a great feature to add. I'll make a note of it and see if I can fit it into the release after 6.0.2.

Jake

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#3 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:02 PM

Thanks Jake,

We need a way to maintain a trailing date method. As an example, I am trying to get web activity per calendar day e.g., 1-30 of a month. I have to limit the selection to say month 6 otherwise it will be as all activity of day 1 from all months

Have you guys got some 'best practise' manual or advise on reports and analytics. you reports engine and charts are fantastic. I am playing around with creating sensible reports but not sure if you have suggestions.

As example I am trying to create a webactivity report say from beginning of 2016 per day and then chart it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reporting, fields

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users