14 replies to this topic

#1 cobaltor

cobaltor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSicily, Qatar

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:56 AM

after adding photo, seems to upload but Images are not available.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2016-05-17 16.51.20.jpg

#2 NathanC

NathanC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:38 AM

I have the same issue.

#3 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Did you look into firebug? Is it a 404?

#4 steals

steals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:47 PM

I have the same issue as well. Does not work in the X2 demo either.  I have both home server and hosted server.

#5 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

I have confirmed that this was due to the uploads directory restructuring in a previous version. I've updated the structure for the next release, thank you for reporting this issue.

#6 steals

steals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

Wow... Thanks Raymond, this is a very important feature for me, this feature is why I chose X2. Is there a option to put a image field like I can with name, date or phone number, and put an image on any field I want.  Also Base, and Bitrix24 CRM Android Apps have some nice contact integration features, it would be nice to see a more robust X2 android app. I use a Samsung Note phablet smartphone or Acer SWITCH ALPHA 12. and a AMD powered PC with WIN 7 64. 

X2 is the best... Many thanks. 

#7 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 14 November 2016 - 10:30 AM

Yes, you can actually add an image field. You'll need to add two new fields, one for the URL to the image, and another "custom" HTML type field. Then, in the custom HTML field, populate the value with an img tag, using the insertable attributes to replace the src attribute with the other field containing the URL to the image.

#8 PJCwasHere

PJCwasHere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 01:02 PM

Yes, you can actually add an image field. You'll need to add two new fields, one for the URL to the image, and another "custom" HTML type field. Then, in the custom HTML field, populate the value with an img tag, using the insertable attributes to replace the src attribute with the other field containing the URL to the image.

Any chance of a sample screenshot or text of what each of the fields should look like?  (I think I've got it; but nice to see an example ;-)

I also just realised that it still doesn't work (I was trying above) until we upgrade to the next version yet to be released as we have the broken image issue still (we are on V6.5) - I assume it will be say V 6.6... correct? Time frame on that roughly?

Cheers,
Peter

#9 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 15 November 2016 - 09:27 AM

Hello Peter,

Yes, please see this relevant forum post which includes more detail on the custom image field setup: http://community.x2c...ages/#entry9359

The next release is version 6.5.1, and is due out later this afternoon!

Raymond

#10 steals

steals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:28 PM

Got the update, still not working... Same problem. Anyone have any success?

#11 PJCwasHere

PJCwasHere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

UPDATE: There was a .htaccess file with " deny from all" in ../uploads/ directory.  I removed that statement (not sure if it should be replaced with another appropriate statement) but now the images display.

Pardon my lack of technical expertise. Appreciate all the help. And thanks Raymond for the detail on the custom image field setup: http://community.x2c...ages/#entry9359

Back to broken images:

I have installed Version 6.5.1 and the images are still broken. I added a new image to /uploads/gallery/_4.jpg
This image is in there with permission of 0644 set.  The folder (/uploads/gallery) has permission of 0755.
How do I permanently set the right permission (and what should it be) to allow the image to be displayed?  I'm not sure what you mean by "
You'll want to make sure this directory is owned by the web server user, usually www-data on Debian and Ubuntu Linux systems"  I'm accessing these directories via cPanel if that makes any difference.

Cheers, Peter

#12 steals

steals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

Back to broken images:

I have installed Version 6.5.1 and the images are still broken. I added a new image to /uploads/gallery/_4.jpg
This image is in there with permission of 0644 set.  The folder (/uploads/gallery) has permission of 0755.
How do I permanently set the right permission (and what should it be) to allow the image to be displayed?  I'm not sure what you mean by "
You'll want to make sure this directory is owned by the web server user, usually www-data on Debian and Ubuntu Linux systems"  I'm accessing these directories via cPanel if that makes any difference.

Cheers, Peter

Is there a conversation happening that I am not aware of concerning this topic? 

Who said this?... "You'll want to make sure this directory is owned by the web server user, usually www-data on Debian and Ubuntu Linux systems"

The 6.5.1 update did not solve the problem.

#13 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

To finish restoring access to the media gallery widget, after updating to 6.5.1 you'll need to create a new .htaccess file (or add the equivalent access control statements to your config if hosting with nginx) in the uploads/gallery directory. You can copy the .htaccess from uploads/ into uploads/gallery/, then update the directive to read

allow from all

You'll want to preserve the "deny" statement in the uploads/.htaccess file to maintain privacy of the rest of your Media files.

The statment on ownership of the source tree was made by myself in an email support thread. To clarify, if running Apache with mod_php, you'll want to set the ownership of your source tree to the user who executes the web server process. This may be another user if you are, for example, running an application server like fcgid or php-fpm and have configured it to execute the virtualhost as a particular user, like an x2crm user.

#14 steals

steals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

It works... Thank you.... Is there a lightbox viewer for Image Gallery. And what does the Image Gallery edit button do?

Also, the activity feed uploads double images.

See screenshots

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.png
  • 2.png

#15 cobaltor

cobaltor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSicily, Qatar

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:03 AM

..maybe is the wrong place to post...but....I believe there is an hidden market niche of users that would be happy to pay yearly fee for a stable version with two way email and sms marketing ready to use. Price ? Everithing is relative in life, I can tell you that at the moment I am working alone on the system and I will be happy to pay 100€ yearly (not monthly fee, just yealy price) and host in my service. Than same price for any additional user. 100 € is ridiculus amount ? How many we are using for free ? 

I have great respect about the efforts, competence and the work made by x2crm team.

Really I believe they are just a step far to complete the definitive crm to be used on a pc. Forget about php in android, for that make an app with dedicated UI connected with the DB that tracks calls and sms and some tools specific for "on the road" use, no need most of the module, (You relly need to prepare a quote from the smartphone ?), sell it on the store as a separate app.

Would be happy to listen any comment, thanks,

Cesare.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Image Gallery, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users