Photo

How to? Link field in a new Module back to its Contact record

chained attributes link fields between modules contacts module transfer between records

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PJCwasHere

PJCwasHere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

The Need:

I have a Module2 that creates a Field e.g. Membership Status, and I want to update a field back in the Contact record that the Module2 record is linked to. i.e. I want to Contact to have a Membership Status field that is derived from the Membership Status field in Module2.

SCENARIO:

I have a Contact in the Contact Module.

I then have Module2. Using the name field it does the lookup and links to the contact in the Contact Module. I can see the relationship between the two when viewing either record in Contact Module and the Module2.

I can successfully get fields from the Contact Module into fields in Module2 record via chained attributes.

PROBLEM:

How do I do the reverse e.g. How do I get data from a field in Module2 back to the linked record in the Contacts Module?

Note: I don't have any field in the original Contact Record that does a direct lookup of any field in the Module2 record (this is what chained attributes needs, right?). All that exists is the Relationship created when the Module2 record was linked to the Contact record via a lookup field in Module2.

This is crucial...and urgent. Thanks for any recommendations or solutions in advance.

Cheers,
Peter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chained attributes, link fields between modules, contacts, module, transfer, between records

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users