#1 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Hi all,

With the release of X2CRM 6.0 there have been a few issues relating to custom modules during the update process. The bad news is that it is very difficult to prevent this as part of the update process, but the good news is that it is very easy to fix. This thread will be updated as we find new resolutions so please check here to verify that you have attempted the troubleshooting steps listed below.

Error: Whitescreen after updating to 6.0

Solution A: Go to the admin tab by entering the URL manually, click on "Convert Modules" under the "X2Studio" section. Select "Yes" for the dropdown on that page and click the button. This should resolve all known issues caused by the 6.0 update. However, if you have made any file customizations to your custom modules, it will overwrite them.

Solution B: Navigate to the "protected/modules" directory in a Linux terminal on your web server and run the following commands:

find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/X2LinkableBehavior/LinkableBehavior/g'
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/components\.InlineEmailModelBehavior/components.behaviors.InlineEmailModelBehavior/g'
find . -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i 's/X2MobileControllerBehavior/MobileControllerBehavior/g'

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#2 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:21 PM

Hi Jake,

do you run these fixes before you try the upgrade or after? If 'After' then the problem is that the interface doesn't work so you can't try OPTION A.

If its before it makes sense to prep for the upgrade.

Awaiting your advise.

Thanks

#3 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

Hi Eugene,

These should be run after. I mention in Option A that you should navigate to the Admin tab by typing in the URL, as far as I have heard from everyone who has had these issues the admin tab still works as long as you enter the URL manually rather than trying to click a link.

Jake

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#4 MikeiLL

MikeiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:47 AM

Hey @x2Jake and crew. Is this the correct place to drop a little nudge about the update issue I seem to be having?

The updater version I have is

$version='6.0';
$buildDate='1461528248';
$updaterVersion='6.0';
$language='en';

The rest of the details is:

Using php 5.5.

First thing necessary was adding the ssh2 module, which I did through CPanel.

Uploaded the requirements.php file and it says:

This webserver can run X2Engine!

But the updater still says Cannot run updater.

One or more dependencies of AdminController are missing and could not be automatically retrieved.
They are protected/views/admin/updater.php, protected/components/UpdaterBehavior.php

Both of those files exist on the server, with permissions -rw-r--r-- and owned by myself, as are the rest of the files.

The error is most likely due to one of the following things:

• DOUBTFUL, BUT CHECKING WITH ADMINS:
  •           (1) PHP processes run by the web server do not have permission to create or modify files
  • (2) x2planet.com and raw.github.com are currently unavailable
  • BOTH SEEM TO BE RUNNING, ALTHOUGH x2planet.com IS FORBIDDEN
  • (3) This web server has no outbound internet connection. This could be because it is behind a firewall that does not permit outbound connections, operating within a private network with broken domain name resolution, or with no outbound route.
  • I’M USING CLOUDFLARE, BUT AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE SITE IS MAKING OUTBOUND CONNECTIONS VIA HTTP

To stop this error from occurring, if the problem persists, restore the file protected/controllers/AdminController.php to the copy from your version of X2Engine:

https://raw.github.c...nController.php

THIS FILE MATCHES THE LOCAL ONE, at least it's copyright is 2016, whereas the new one has 2017.

Not sure where else to poke at this point.

#5 Success

Success

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Mike,

It seems they have gone the path of their old company SugarCRM and focus more on their SAAS model and the community has all but gone dead!

Notice Jake has not even logged in for almost  a year.

Post go unread and not answered.

Time to start looking for a more up-to-date product.

#6 MikeiLL

MikeiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Mike,

It seems they have gone the path of their old company SugarCRM and focus more on their SAAS model and the community has all but gone dead!

Notice Jake has not even logged in for almost  a year.

Post go unread and not answered.

Time to start looking for a more up-to-date product.

Thanks. Yes it does look that way at this point. Got any recommendations?

#7 eugeneb

eugeneb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationCenturion, south Africa

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:30 PM

Hi guys,

I get regular updates from X2 on the forum on posts I make. Not sure why Jake is quiet though.

#8 MikeiLL

MikeiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

Still tumbleweeds on this one?

#9 MikeiLL

MikeiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:39 AM

Tumbling tumbling weeds...

#10 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:08 PM

Hey Mike,

I answered your other thread about the same issue a couple days ago, please check your other thread.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

#11 MikeiLL

MikeiLL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

Hey Mike,

I answered your other thread about the same issue a couple days ago, please check your other thread.

Okay will do. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users