7 replies to this topic

#1 Jiminy65

Jiminy65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

Hello everybody,

I am a newby with some superficial / basic knowledge = no knowledge about core server technology, script languages & co - who proudly managed to modify ini and add some required libs ;) locally installing X2CRM for a couple of days.

Well, i'd like to go further with X2CRM, but my installation is very slow. I reinstalled without demo datas but same slow "page impression".
To be sure this is not necessarily due to my sytem, i installed further CRM/ERP (suiteCRM, Dolibarr) to compare what happens:

X2CRM is definitively slow.

Does anybody have an idea what i could improve to my system

Thanks a lot in advance

PS:

Intel Core i5 3210M CPU @2,50GHz x64
RAM 6GB
HDD 14% occupied
Windows X Home

Apache 2.4.17
PHP 5.6.14
mysqlnd 5.0.11
phpMyAdmin 4.5.1

Browser: Firefox 42

#2 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

Greetings

We´ve tested a lot of systems on our site -- SugarCRM, SuiteCRM (one of my favs), Zurmo (great UI) and many more -- and X2 was one of the fastest around. Actually we´ve more than 36'000 contacts with a lot of history and related companys in X2. And no speed problems on a shared host and MySQL-DB.

The system is really fast under nearly all conditions. Do you have a load / CPU timeline report?

Regards, Michael

#3 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

There are a few performance issues that can be present under Windows, and unfortunately you will need to toggle these settings and locate the issue by trial and error. Some of the things you might want to try:

• Disable the xdebug module: while extremely useful, this has been found to slow down PHP on Windows.
  • Restrict Apache to IPv4
  • Disable Windows IPv6 entry in hosts file
  • Exclude the web root from antivirus checks: this could be leading to large amounts of IO work, especially slowing down systems backed with magnetic disks.

The following blog post details these issues, as well as a few other checks you can make if this does not resolve your issue: https://ineed.coffee...s-8-how-to-fix/

What kind of rendering time and memory usage is reported at the bottom of the application? Is the slowdown present on every page of the application, or busy pages such as the profile and widgets dashboard?

#4 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Hi Raymond,

Have you got any suggestions for Windows Server environment? X2Engine could certainly use a speed boost for us too. 

Regards,

Andrew

#5 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:02 PM

Hey Andrew,

The xdebug extension was the most surprising slowdown I've experience, you might want to verify it hasn't been enabled, and only enable it during troubleshooting sessions. Similarly, you might want to verify that Apache isn't listening on IPv6, and that the Windows hosts file does not contain an IPv6 entry. Windows Server 2008 is most similar to the architecture and feature set of Windows Vista, so you might want to keep an eye out for suggestions for the latter while you're troubleshooting.

Raymond

#6 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

Hi Raymond,

Thankyou for the advice. I dug in a bit deeper and did some experimentation, and discovered what was slowing PHP down was actually having FastCGI Application setup to handle PHP. When I changed it over to a standard CGI Application, everything sped up quite nicely. Thought it might be worth mentioning in case someone else runs into the same issue. 

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#7 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hey Andrew,

Nice! Great to hear you've found the bottleneck, thanks for coming back with your solution!

Raymond

#8 Jiminy65

Jiminy65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Hello everybody,

@alt_f4
after your response i decided to reinstall xampp + x2crm
pages were still loading slow (local PC)

@X2Raymond

after your response & tips, after some "learning by failing" (lol, i'm not an informatician) i decided to clean the machine and use Binami Stack to avoid doing changes i do not enough understand.

pages are still loading slow e.g 884ms 9.00 MB or 955ms 10.00 MB
With only around 1.200 contacts, and no visuals or app customization at all, i feel it is quite slow (no matter which page, from dashboard to contact, company & co)

... so ... could be fast,... but i really appreciate X2  :)

Thank you everybody

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: execution very slow, system performance, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users