X2Community Forums

[Solved] cpanel move, installation disabled

Greetings,

I just moved my entire cpanel account which includes two softaculous installations of x2CRM.  Both have been moved to the disabled area within softaculous.

All other websites and installations seem to be functioning okay.

They are both set up on subdomains.  I get this message when trying to connect to the site. 

CDbException

CDbConnection is unable to find PDO class "PDO". Make sure PDO is installed correctly.

Any help on how to get these installations back online?

Thanks in advance.

Hi David,

It looks like some required PHP extensions are missing or disabled on this server. What I'd recommend doing is finding the file protected/components/views/requirements.php, moving it to your webroot and then opening that navigating to that fiel's URL in your browser to get detailed output on the server configuration and what pieces are missing for X2 to run correctly.

PDO being missing is... not good. Hopefully it's just disabled and can be easily re-enabled.

Jake

• Like 1

Hi David,

It looks like some required PHP extensions are missing or disabled on this server. What I'd recommend doing is finding the file protected/components/views/requirements.php, moving it to your webroot and then opening that navigating to that fiel's URL in your browser to get detailed output on the server configuration and what pieces are missing for X2 to run correctly.

PDO being missing is... not good. Hopefully it's just disabled and can be easily re-enabled.

Jake

Ok Jake, I accessed the requirements file and found this near the head of the file.   This is a brand new instance of a reseller accout with cpanel import.

Before I blather on, better to wait for feedback from the xperts.  I can copy the entire output if you need it. 

How to configure server...ahh that is the question?

Thanks for any feedback. 

I'm willing to reinstall and connect db if necessary.

thx!!!

/////////////////

// SET GLOBALS //

/////////////////

$document = '<html><header><title>X2Engine System Requirements Check</title>{headerContent}</head><body><div style="width: 680px; border:1px solid #DDD; margin: 25px auto 25px auto; padding: 20px;font-family:sans-serif;">{bodyContent}</div></body></html>';

$totalFailure = array(

"<h1>This server definitely, most certainly cannot run X2Engine.</h1><p>Not even the system requirements checker script itself could run properly on this server. It encountered the following {scenario}:</p>\n<pre style=\"overflow-x:auto;margin:5px;padding:5px;border:1px red dashed;\">\n",

"\n</pre>"

);

$mode = php_sapi_name() == 'cli' ? 'cli' : 'web';

$responding = false;

if(!isset($thisFile))

$thisFile = __FILE__;

if(!isset($standalone))

$standalone = realpath($thisFile) === realpath(__FILE__);

$returnArray = (isset($returnArray)?$returnArray:false) || $mode == 'cli';

if(!$standalone){

// Check being called/included inside another script

$document = '{bodyContent}';

}

$tryCurl = 0;

///////////////////////////////////////////////

// LAST-DITCH EFFORT COMPATIBILITY FUNCTIONS //

///////////////////////////////////////////////

// If any errors are encountered in the actual requirements check script itself

// due to missing/disabled functions on the server itself, these functions will

// print an appropriate message for the occasion.

/**

* Wrapper for die()

* @global type $standalone

*/

function RIP(){

global $standalone;

if($standalone){

die();

}

}

/**

* Error handler.

* @global type $document

* @global array $totalFailure

* @global boolean $responding

* @global type $standalone

* @param type $no

* @param type $st

* @param type $fi

* @param type $ln

*/

X2Jake,

Additional info.

I originally installed these two X2CRM installations with Softaculous one click installs.  Probably my first mistake, but I was just learning...

So, I migrated my entire cpanel over to the new server and guess what, the Softaculous on that server does not have X2CRM as an option.

It seems that Softaculous is not recognizing the program, even the x2CRM backups did not transfer.

So, I have a feeling I'm going to have to take the long road around.  But I'll wait for commentary from on high!

I can't help asking though, can I simply download an install a fresh copy of X2, connect my database and be back to normal? 

Also, I found out my server is running Php 5.1.8 and the tech guys say PDO should be on.

Thanks in advance,

David

Hi David,

Did the requirements checker script just output that code in the browser window? Do you have the ability to install things on this server? PHP 5.1.8 came out almost 10 years ago and is no longer a supported PHP version. X2 requires a minimum of PHP 5.3 and we'll be requiring 5.4 in the near future. 

Right now it seems like you will need to make a sizable number of changes to your new server to make it compatible with X2... the requirements script will tell you everything that you're missing, but if it's just outputting PHP code to your browser, that's a bad sign. Simply downloading and installing a fresh copy of X2 won't help you here as it looks like you're missing a bunch of things we require and so the first step should be figuring out how to get the requirements script to run correctly to output information on what you need to do to get your server compatible.

Jake

HI Jake,

Well, the good news is that I was given wrong information about the PHP version.  I'm actually running 5.5.3, so I guess we are good to go on that point.

Secondly, my host is opening up a ticket for me to fix the Softaculous defficiency and try to get things working from their end. 

In the Softaculous installation listing area I get a message that both instances of X2 have been disabled.  So, I think they are going to have to remedy that for me and maybe I can work toward a new installation at a later time. 

I'm intent on upgrading within the next few months to begin using more advanced features.  I really love this software.  Hoping to get more savvy with it next year.

Thanks, I'll let you know what happens.

I really appreciate the responses.

Best regards,

David

The hosting company reset my php.ini file

here is response.

This issue has been caused by a different version of PHP on your current and old webservers. I've just edited  custom php.ini file, located in /public_html directory and corrected the path to extensions.

Back in business,

Thanks for your help.