X2Community Forums

Where is Leads.php. I Need to translate to Spanish

whole translation is located in YOUR_PATH/protected/messages/YOUR_LANG

Guess you´ve to make a folder "ES" if there isn´t any and copy all files of the folder "template" to it.

Suggestion: Post your translation to github, so others can use them :-)

Regards, Michael

P.S. The translation-system is string-based and aaaargh sub-optimal. So the translations may be scattered in some files...

• Like 1

Hello,

Just a quick update on this--improving custom translations is still something I'll be doing for the 5.2 release. As far as scattered translations go, it's unfortunate but part of it is consolidation. Our script that updates the translation files adds any phrases that appear more than once to common.php so that they don't need to be translated by a contributor more than once. We opted for this because we felt not requiring re-translating the same phrases was more valuable than being able to translate the same phrase differently in different modules.

As far as what's planned:

1) Custom directory support for translation files--this way you won't have to worry about updates overwriting your translations

2) Translation merge. I intend to make it so that you can merge custom directory files into the base messages directory to update existing translation files. This way you can do things in pieces and it makes adding translations to base code easier.

Jake

PS: The string-based translation is how the Yii framework handles things... what other system would you recommend?

• Like 1

Thanks Jack, so if I understand correctly, the leads page will be translated correctly after the update so there is no need for a leads.php file?

Why is there an accounts, contacts, opportunities.php file, etc. file but no leads.php file for X2Translations in the X2Engine language packs?

• Like 1

After the update there will be a leads.php file.

The reasons for having separate files for each module type is something of a holdover from the way Yii framework does translation where each module has its own translation files. The leads file simply hasn't been added yet as the translations haven't been updated recently.

Jake

• Like 1

Great... Thanks for the straight answer Jake.

I am setting up X2CRM for my real estate agents: http://doncasas.com/ .

I chose X2 because of it's ability to attach and place images in so many places and preview/view on the fly.

X2 is by far the best CRM there is... If you add a product image viewer or drag-able gallery, X2CRM will corner the CRM market.

Also, why is there no print record for opportunities? And can I add it? Or is there another way to print record for opportunities on the fly? (see image)

post-10123-0-91826800-1439490650_thumb.png

post-10123-0-66817600-1439491466_thumb.png

post-10123-0-91826800-1439490650_thumb.png

post-10123-0-66817600-1439491466_thumb.png