alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Greetings,

We are scanning our documents and want to attach them to the accounts/contacts in X2Engine - several hundreds per month. So uploading them to MySQL would lead to a quite big database and our other useres (not working with CRM) won´t be able to access them. Furthermore it will be a performance problem, because our internet connection is quite slow.

So today (still working with an older CRM by Sage until X2Engine becomes active) we´re only linking them to our file server by UNC path -- every user can access them, expect those on the road.

My question is, if it´s possible to create a "UNC" filetype within X2Engine instead of loading them to MySQL.

KR, Michael

#2 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hi Michael,

An interesting idea. We don't currently support UNC file path, but you can attach files/documents to records as media objects which uses a standard file upload. That still may not be ideal but might be something we can look into in the future. Part of the 5.2 update has some changes to how uploaded files in X2 are accessed with more changes planned for 5.3... I might be able to sneak something in for the 5.3 release which would allow you to specify an arbitrary file path for a media object (with the same extension restrictions we currently have) and you'd then be able to link it to a record via relationships.

Jake

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#3 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

Hi Jake,

That would be great. Thanks a lot.

Michael

#4 PhilippeStefano

PhilippeStefano

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 02:55 AM

I support this request for quite the same reason. Right now, I created a link module where I use a custom field as "directory link" with a "file://" tag and an update action (X2Flow). However,  this way remains quite cumbersome ...  :wacko:

#5 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:41 AM

I support this request for quite the same reason. Right now, I created a link module where I use a custom field as "directory link" with a "file://" tag and an update action (X2Flow). However,  this way remains quite cumbersome ...  :wacko:

Are you able to open your (local) directories directly from within X2CRM?

#6 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Just as a quick update, might not be able to get this in for our next release but it's still in my notes of feature requests.

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#7 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:04 AM

I´d like to push that request once more :-)

Maybe a new UNC-filetype...?

#8 inuntrance

inuntrance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:58 PM

I would like to see this as well - we're pondering the best way to store files, and would like as much as possible, for X2 to be our central portal for our company.

#9 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

+1

#10 X2Isaiah

X2Isaiah

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 256 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:38 AM

Hey all,

Thank you for your suggestions, we are currently considering this feature as it is highly requested and look out for it in the near future.

Isaiah Solomon

Software Engineer

X2Engine Inc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users