3 replies to this topic

#1 NaveenGanesan

NaveenGanesan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTamilnadu, India

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Can any one explain me how to use the "Inventory" in the "Products" module.
I would like to know how the inventory changes when a product is sold or purchased.
Regards,
NaveenGanesan

#2 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

As it is now, I believe the inventory field has to be updated manually. We have designed X2Engine to be primarily a CRM system, not an MRP sysytem. The products and quotes modules are fairly basic and are mainly geared towards generating quotes rather than tracking orders or inventory. If you need more advanced functionality you might consider finding a standalone MRP or ERP system (there are plenty out there!)

#3 NaveenGanesan

NaveenGanesan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTamilnadu, India

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

will x2engine accept a module for inventory tracking if am ready to develop one?
Regards,
NaveenGanesan

#4 Guest_X2Matthew_*

Guest_X2Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

We would be delighted if you wanted to share any code you wrote for X2Engine. Our basic policy is this: in general, we encourage people to share whatever they've built, either by attaching a file to a post on the forums, or using the Downloads center to share them. For code to be put into the main codebase, we have 2 rules: it has to be general enough to be useful to a large number of users, and you'll have to sign a copyright assignment agreement so we have rights to the code. You will still have attribution in the files, and the code will always be licensed under New BSD, never used as closed-source.

That said, I think in the case of Inventory you would be better off extending the Products module than building a separate one, because there will be a lot of overlap. Currently Products is pretty simple; the only "smart" feature is the ability to create quotes (which could, potentially, be extended into an invoice system). Using the admin tools in the "X2 Studio" section, you can add and rename fields. But you will have much more control changing things manually.

If you do enhance products or quotes, we would love to incorporate your changes (provided the 2 contributions are met for contributing to the main project).

We're always around if you have any issues working with our code.Looking forward to see what you come up with!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inventory, product, billing, stock, management

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users