#1 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:40 AM

Hey Guys,

Firstly, thankyou for a great piece of software. I'm continually amazed at how much power is available to me. As someone who likes to tinker with their software, this is greatly appreciated.

There is a feature I'm struggling to find though. When I create an email campaign, I have the option to save it, or launch it, but not to schedule it to go out at a particular date? Is there a simple way to do this I have overlooked? 

If it's not a simple solution, can I request this gets added as a feature. I'm a set and forget type of guy, who likes to setup several campaigns at once, scheduling them to get sent on various dates. At that point, I no longer have to think about them, they just happen.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Andrew

#2 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:30 AM

Our upcoming custom email marketing module can do this: http://x2community.c...mail +marketing

(almost ready for beta users).

#3 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

Awesome, thanks for your reply! Looking forward to diving into it.

#4 artr62622

artr62622

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:24 AM

Was this ever added? I'm also looking for this and am unable to find. 

#5 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

No, scheduled campaigns have unfortunately not yet made it to the roadmap. This would be an awesome feature though, I'll mark you down for the feature request!

#6 WeddingCloud

WeddingCloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:23 PM

I'd also like to request this feature, I'd have thought this would be a fundamental need in order to create an email campaign? In what other ways does X2CRM enable marketing automation? cheers

#7 dev

dev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:44 PM

If scheduled campaigns are not yet implemented then what editing the "Launch Date" of the campaign (after creating it) is doing?. I was looking at it as a way to schedule the launch of the campaigns although I haven't tested if effectively does the launch.

#8 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 816 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

While it is true that emails will be sent out if you directly set the launch date, this is a side effect of the background sending for campaigns when the launch date is set. Ordinarily, the launch date is set upon hitting the "Launch" button. In addition to setting the launch date, this also performs some preprocessing by duplicating the list, which is then used to mark email sends. As a result, if you send out a campaign in this manner, the original list will be used to mark sends, opens, etc. Then, should you ever want to use this list again, no emails will be sent, as they have already 'been sent.'

Hope this clears things up. The upcoming release will include campaign scheduling with proper "launch" preparation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users