15 replies to this topic

#1 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:35 AM

We are in the process of building a new email marketing module that we will use internally and sell to the community.

We would like your feedback.  Here are some features we have planned, they may not all get in, but this is the initial line up:

Update 5/27/2015

Our new "Slingshot" module is almost ready for beta testers.  See the updated list of current features below.

Target Lists - More Advanced "Dynamic" Lists:

• Create lists that filter by contact fields, contact tags, contact lists (x2's contact lists), process stage, related entity fields, etc...
  • Ability to create sub-lists (sort of like list segmentation), when unsubscribes happen on an email to a sub-list, both parent and child are unsubscribed.

Screenshot: https://goo.gl/RrWd2J

Rocks - Email Campaigns On Steroids 

• 3 different types of campaigns: Normal Blast, Autoresponder (used in x2flows), SMS (text message)
  • Scheduled sending
  • Split testing (split test from, reply-to, subject, body)
  • Conditional email content (using twig syntax)
  • Send to multiple lists (X2 static/dynamic contact lists and Target Lists).
  • Ability to send to multiple email addresses per contact.
  • Unsubscribe handling for all list types (on a per email address basis instead of contact basis).  
  • Suppression list handling (add email addresses that should never be emailed).
  • Sandbox mode - Test email sending to larget lists without sending to the real contacts.  All emails are sent to a test email address.
  • Open tracking (unique and total)
  • Per link click tracking (unique and total)
  • Hard bounce tracking - Automatically added to suppression list
  • Soft bounce tracking - 5 soft bounces automatically becomes a hard bounce.
  • Spam report tracking
  • Ability to clone campaigns.
  • Mandrill integration
  • Twilio integration

Screenshot: @todo

#2 jordytelesis

jordytelesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

Honestly Mate, that seems reasonably all-inclusive.

The only thing I could think of is the ability to use the dynamic list builder to allow sets of AND/OR choices instead of sticking to just one, ie a heap of job titles (so not appropriate for inlist check) and then a big AND, followed by another series of or statements, maybe for city/state/whatever.

Randomised send order would be useful - I don't think processing them via domain alphabetically is ideal, although it  depends on whether there's a separate MTA.

Sounds like you're a bit further along in the process than I am - what ideas I have that have materialised are mostly cheap and cheerful pages that tear into sql directly, but there's method in the madness... :)

I'd certainly be curious to hear more though...

#3 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback.   I agree on the randomized send order for sure, that would also make split tests better.

For the list builder.  We are planning on using the one currently in the marketing module.  This may change though, not sure yet.

#4 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

I just updated the list of current features.

#5 wrochat

wrochat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

Any update on when this will be available?

www.rpastraining.com.au

#6 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

We are using this on our production server.  We haven't released it yet because it has a big problem:  If you don't have a BEEFY server/dbserver... it will blow it up :).  

We are making changes so that it will run on lower end machines without killing sending speed.

#7 jordytelesis

jordytelesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:35 PM

How many rams is that?  :)

I'm sporting an i5... 2500k?  48GB ram and SQL greedily sits there measuring ram in TB and occupying one CPU...  Though I'd happily fire up a test VM on my 4960x if you think it would provide any insight.

You know, for science...

#8 daverep

daverep

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

this is useless unless I can use the leads in the leads module. 

#9 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

this is useless unless I can use the leads in the leads module. 

Useless is kind of a harsh word.  

We didn't have any "leads" integration b/c in the past leads were only converted to opportunities.  Now you can convert to a lead to contact which makes them basically a contact with a different name.

What functionality does a lead have that a contact does not?  Is it just the separation between types (we do that w/ a dropdown field on contacts)?

#10 jordytelesis

jordytelesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

I think leads modules are reasonably common, but they are for slow-paces sales so I'm not sure how much they get used in CRMs built for the digital age, really.  I've never understood the need for a seperate level of ranking.  I encouraged me team to just pay more attention to what they were doing... :)

Leads is just a good way to lose track of where your contacts area.  I had forgotten it was there at all as I disabled it on Day 1.

#11 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:06 AM

Greetings,

We┬┤re also interested in that module. My question: will the module also do an double-opt-in check withot external tools?

And: If you need a beta tester, here I am :-)

Regards, Michael

#12 radioman

radioman

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:52 PM

Is this functionality in the latest release?

#13 PublishItNow

PublishItNow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hi ThatOneGuy,

How did you guys end up going with this module? It would certainly be an invaluable addition. If it's no longer in development, is it possible to open source it so users like myself can use it?

Warmest regards,

Andrew

#14 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

We are using it, but have stopped development on it and probably won't release it.  It now has some customizations specific to us, and we don't test it on new installs.

#15 gsonline

gsonline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTel-Aviv

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:15 AM

We are using it, but have stopped development on it and probably won't release it.  It now has some customizations specific to us, and we don't test it on new installs.

How many dev hours did it take you to make this Email Marketing Module? I am looking to make something similar. 

#16 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

How many dev hours did it take you to make this Email Marketing Module? I am looking to make something similar. 

I really don't know.    It was a couple years ago.   If I was going to do it again, I would have done it differently.   Probably just created a plugin that syncs lists to a 3rd party email marketing platform like Activecampaign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users