X2Community Forums

Update Contact info via webforms

Is it possible to send a bulk mail to contacts to update their information such as address en contact cell number themselves.

On another CRM product you were able to create a webform to refer to, thus the webform on opening only updates for the specific contact, thus allowing the user to update their own information.

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I didn't know you can embed the code. Will play with it.

I think the question should be from me, how do I get a user to update their own details online, such as cell number, address, email etc. On our previous systems we would send bulk personal email with a link to a 'personal' web form which displays the recipients existing details and they can update the webform and just submit, thus updating directly into the DB. We have also used this feature for surveys or RSVP for events where the user can then go to the link en confirm extra info. Unfortunatelly i am not a web developer although I am very technically informed. So I assume a web developer can dev this, but I would love some existing functionality rather than custom dev.

X2 seems to only use web forms for new leads and support tickets.

Can you recommend how to get a email recipient to update their own info online? if not through a web-form supplied, then how?

Thanks

Eugene,

Currently, you can send out the web form to your customers to fill out, and their data will be collected, but it will be saved in a separate contact record (which the system will mark as a duplicate). As I mentioned, updating the information of an existing record via a webform will be possible with the improvements to the duplicate checker and record merging tool that will be included with version 5.0.

-Tony

• 1 month later...

Hi Tony,

back to this topic if you don't mind. I am embedding the iFrame code into my outbound email via the Source View function when creating my email. On X2 it shows fine and when viewing the mail Sent it shows the iFrame. But on the recipient side it doesn't show anything when opening the mail.

Any ideas where or why? I would love to embed a iframe web form into email. Especially for newsletter signup.

thanks 

Eugene

Excellent.

I must admit I though it might be that. Thanks for the comprehensive response verdict. I will rather then do a nicely designed newsletter page to accomplish this. It might even have some more benefit by placing the web tracker on the page and following exactly who show interest even before completing the form.

Thanks

Any time and date when v5.0 might be launched. I am desperately looking for the functionality for a contact to update their info. i tried pointing to a dedicated web form but any information apart from Background doesn't update in any field if the contact updates info in fields?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...