X2Community Forums

(I updated my post to have the list of items from the sticky post. Sorry I missed that the first time around...)

• X2EngineCRM Version - 4.1.1
  • Module the Bug is Located In (Contacts, Actions, etc.) - UPDATE
  • Copy/Paste of the PHP Error (if there is one) - BELOW
  • HTML Error Code (if there is one)- BELOW
  • A Brief Description of what you were doing when the bug occurred (bonus points if the bug is reproducible - I attempted an update (to 4.1.3) this morning and recieved this error
  • A list of files that you have modified (if any) - NONE
  • Your PHP version - 5.3.18

I attempted an update (to 4.1.3) this morning and recieved this error:

Error Code: 500
Error Message: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'createDate' in 'field list'
Stack Trace: [click to toggle display]
X2Engine Version: 4.1.1
PHP Version: 5.3.18

I am unable to submit the error report because the page has lost all of its styling and when I click any of the links it just links me to index.php/admin/updater?scenario=update# and takes me to the top of the page. I took (and attached) a screenshot of what the page looks like. (appears as if it has lost it's CSS)

I am in the process of restoring the files from my daily backups, so no data should be lost.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Charlie

UPDATE - I am back up and running after the restore, but still on the old version (4.1.1)

post-9699-0-61546500-1402317299_thumb.png

Hi, 

I too tried to update and had a problem. It said that I had some type of compatibility issue. 

Note that the following files, of which there are local custom derivatives, will be changed:

• protected/config/console.php

Is this something that I am supposed to fix or change? 

Thank you 

Jon

post-9728-0-15741100-1402340599_thumb.jpg

jeschatz2000 - I believe that just means that the file has been changed since it was released (usually some sort of custom code) and if you run the update you would lose that custom code.

Although, I think part of the reason my site stopped working was that I had some sort of warning, and it was for a module that I don't use, so I ignored it and attempted the update anyway. Then when it failed I tried it again.  My system is still in test stages for my company and I only have 3 users, so I thought "What could go wrong".

At least now I feel better about having a nightly backup. lol

-Charlie

I am attempting the update again. When I click on the option to perform the update I get:

Files to be changed or added: 175 [ Show ]
Files to be deleted: 3 [ Show ]
SQL commands to run: 3 [ Show ]
Compatibility issues detected. [ Hide ]
Note that the following files, of which there are local custom derivatives, will be changed:
  • protected/config/console.php

I did a backup of the database, checked the box to restore from the databse, should a problem arise, and applied the update.

SUCCESS. I should be all set now. Maybe my postings will help someone else out there...

(Edited for spelling mistakes)

Guest x2demitri

I'm glad you were able to get through the update successfully. Hooray for backups!

FYI and for the record, those compatibility messages, when they are limited to the customization notes, are only just a notification, to draw attention to customized files that have changed. Those custom configuration files (i.e. custom/protected/config/console.php) were removed from the base code as of version 4.1, because the vast majority of users will not customize them, and the cost of requiring users to create their own files in there for customization is far less than the trouble of having to explain this to users who always mistake it for an actual problem every time there's an update that changes one of those configuration files in there. You may of course delete those files with no consequence, to avoid this message in the future, unless you have actually made changes to them that you want to preserve.

• 2 months later...