X2Community Forums

Weblead capture form blank

Hello. When I click on either the create web lead form or the create service cases web form - a page loads but the form 'preview' is just a grey block. No fields show.

There are no tools showing to allow me to customize the form. The only settings I can manipulate are font, background and text color. No other options show.

What am I doing wrong? This is hosted on AWS. Thanks! I looked in the documentation and it shows several editing items that I do not have on my page.

Imaged attached.

post-9851-0-20564800-1401738156_thumb.png

The customizable fields are a feature of the pro and platinum editions of the software.

There may be a bug which is preventing your web form preview from loading. Which version of the open source edition are you using?

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry this is happening in the open source version as well.  I was (am still trying to be) very excited about the x2 system.  I really like it, but it is hard to justify taking the next step when I'm stopped in my tracks.   Hope a fix comes soon. 

mobilechipmunk and David,

Can you provide more information about the error you are experiencing? Is it similar to the original post? Since you are running on 4.3, I'd first like you to make sure you aren't experiencing the calendar JS issue. Browse to the calendar page before returning to the web lead form, this will fix your saved calendar preferences. Please see the an earlier post on the subject: http://x2community.com/topic/1957-v43-pro-does-weird-stuff-after-upgrading/?do=findComment&comment=8801

Raymond

X2Raymond,

I haven't tried actually using the webform on a site yet.  I am still having a problem with the marketing module.  I cannot send emails in bulk at all.  The one campaign I did manage to get out before this problem appeared, is now not showing the open statistics, etc, even though it did for about a week after the send. 

So, what happens is; if I go to email a list or create a campaign and add a list through the lookup, several problems are presented. 

1. There is no "test email" link
  2. When choosing a template, the template does not appear in the preview window. There is no action at all when the template is selected.
  3. There is no wysiwig menu at all.  The compose box is very small, I can type into it, but no toggling available.
  4. The Launch button is there, and when clicked, it goes to the next screen, but then everything seems to be suspended there, the list appears but there are no check boxes to indicate sent, opened, etc.  There is no indication that the emails are being sent. 

Would this issue have anything to do with the calendar issue you are referring to?  My calendar seem fine at this point.

Can you direct me to any fix for this?

I do get a "missing java" message when I first go to my login screen, which was not happening before.  I login, however, and can do everything fine except for the marketing piece. 

I have to say, I really like this system overall and I am starting to recommend it to others, however I'll have to be able to fix this issue to move forward.

I use firefox as a browser.

Thanks for any help, I hope I articulated the problem to you well. 

David

Hello David,

If you have visited your calendar and it is functioning, it's probably not the calendar issue. It sounds like you are experiencing some kind of JavaScript issue preventing the rest of the page from rendering. Can you bring up your developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+k in Firefox, Ctrl+Shift+j in Chrome) and check the JavaScript and network tabs for errors after reloading the page. Also, it might be helpful to diagnose if you can provide screen shots.

Raymond

• Like 1

X2Raymond,

Not 100% sure this is what you are looking for.  The 1st is a screenshot of the JS console, parts where I could see error messages.  And a screen of the Network tab showing some of the JS responses.    Then screenshots of the marketing page regular view and next in edit mode.   Let me know what else I can do.  Yes, the browser returns a message on the login page "missing java libraries."   Everything else in the system seems to be fine.

Thanks a bunch.

http://healthyself.me/x2/uploads/media/admin528/js_test_x2.png

http://healthyself.me/x2/uploads/media/admin528/marketing_diagnose_network_x2.png

http://healthyself.me/x2/uploads/media/admin528/marketing_page_x2.png

http://healthyself.me/x2/uploads/media/admin528/marketing_page_edit_x2.png

Interesting, all of the requests look normal and there weren't any issues on the JS console. What about the arrow next to the "Email Template" section of the view? Is the arrow even responsive when you click on it? Do any JavaScript errors appear in the JS console when you try to toggle that section?

Interesting, all of the requests look normal and there weren't any issues on the JS console. What about the arrow next to the "Email Template" section of the view? Is the arrow even responsive when you click on it? Do any JavaScript errors appear in the JS console when you try to toggle that section?

Ok, I found this JS error when trying to load a template in the "create campaign" window.  However, there is no email dropdown arrow to test, it simply does not appear.  It does appear in a campaign that I have already sent, but there is other info missing, I think, from that page.  When clicking the arrow in the old campaign, there is no error.

Here is the error message when trying to load an email template.

Thanks,

http://healthyself.me/x2/uploads/media/admin528/x2_js_usetemplate_marketing.png

X2Raymond,

What about the idea of doing a complete export/backup and uninstalling x2 and reinstalling, then importing all data.  Is that a viable solution to my problem, or do you suggest trying to work it through and find/implement a fix?

Hello David,

It's probably not serious enough to refresh yet, let's try to debug first. Based on the JavaScript error, it looks as if a JavaScript file wasn't properly loaded, or that a JavaScript error prevented the necessary setup from executing. Please switch to the network tab of your developer tools, then reload the page and try again. Look for any requests that fail with a 404 or 500 error status.

Raymond

X2Raymond, 

Here is another twist.  I installed another instance of x2engine for a client.  After setting up a few things a logging in and out a few times, I received the same message about "missing Java libraries"

I haven't set this system up enough yet to know whether the marketing module is doing the same funny business, but is seems to be a bad sign. 

Could it be something in my server enviro? 

I've tried to produce the error codes you asked about and can only get one error code in the console.

Thanks again,

David

X2Raymond,

I was chatting with my webhost about something else and asked about this problem.  They checked the logs and came up with this message.  Thought it might be helpful.

] Cannot serve directory /home/davidlou/public_html/healthyself.me/x2/uploads/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html.var,index.htm,index.html,index.shtml,index.xhtml,index.wml,index.perl,index.pl,

index.plx,index.ppl,index.cgi,index.jsp,index.js,index.jp,index.php4,index.php3,index.php,index.phtml,

default.htm,default.html,home.htm,index.php5,Default.html,Default.htm,home.html) found,

and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer: http://healthyself.me/x2/index.php/site/profile

Also, wondering if I should update to 5.01?