AvdD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationCologne, German

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hello,

what would be the best way to move an existing x2 installation to another server?

Thanks and best,

Alv

#2 X2Raymond

X2Raymond

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 972 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz, CA

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

The easiest way would be to use the global export tool from the admin panel, under Utilities > Export All Data, then to install your new instance of X2 and then use Import All Data to load your previous data into the new server. However there is some additional data that is left over, so if you are familiar with mysqldump, this is the preferred method, and will instead create a better 'clone' of your server.

#3 AvdD

AvdD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:35 PM

Hello x2Raymond,

thanks for your answer. I got it. How is are the licences handled? How ist the moving of the licences from one to another installation handled?

We would like to acquire additional licences. What would be the best time, before or after having moved the server, or doesn´t make it a difference?

Thanks and best,

Alv

#4 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

One installation per license is the basic policy. If you are moving to another server via exporting the files and database and making a clone on the new server, the license carries over (it's really just the unique_id field in x2_admin) and it should work on the new server just the same as on the old server. Just remember to give us the heads-up when you're moving to a different server so that we know to expect that update requests will be coming from the new host.

#5 AvdD

AvdD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

Hello Demitri,

thanks for the explaination. We´ll finish our testperiod, which will take the next three month and than I´ll give you the requested heads-up- Should this be done here in the community or via direct post somewhere to?

Best,

Alv

#6 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

Best: send a private email directly to us.

#7 plcf

plcf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 01:14 AM

I need to move an installation to a different domain, on the same server, the difficulty I imagine is that I created many custom fields/forms, any advice on the best way to make this move appreciated.

#8 Attila

Attila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 17 October 2018 - 03:04 AM

@Picf  if you are using something like Centos with Webmin/Virtualmin  its very easy to rename the domain, Im sure that there are many other tools to do so   

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams & take risks. Life is happening NOW !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users