X2Community Forums

Hi all,

Just installed X2Engine and I would like to have a custom form on my website where visitors can fill the form and it will be automaticly sent to my CRM. But I can't create custom forms in X2, I can only see the preview box in the "Create web form" page. It's like it wont load the two other boxes where you customize the form...

What to do?

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Just installed X2Engine and I would like to have a custom form on my website where visitors can fill the form and it will be automaticly sent to my CRM. But I can't create custom forms in X2, I can only see the preview box in the "Create web form" page. It's like it wont load the two other boxes where you customize the form...

What to do?

You can still do that:

So far I know, you can use HTML to make a custom Form and somehow using the API the information show up in the CRM!

Never got it to work though!

I hope someone can show me how.

If you're looking to customize your web lead form, be sure to first read the section on the customization framework on the wiki: http://wiki.x2engine.com/wiki/Customization_Framework

This will allow your customizations to persist through updates. You will want to look at customizing the web lead form files, which are in protected/components. WebFormAction.php is the actual action which handles the back end code, views/webForm.php is the view which renders the web lead form originally, and views/webFormSubmit.php is the view that is rendered after the form is submitted.

As for the API, please see the section on the new RESTful API on the wiki, it is quite detailed: http://wiki.x2engine.com/wiki/REST_API_Reference

Raymond