1 reply to this topic

#1 nokaoii

nokaoii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Trying out X2.

Imported a list of Contacts. That worked fine. They all had Account names and that Account was automatically created and when viewing a list of Contacts, the account is there and clickable.

However, when you click on the Account to view its details, there are zero relationships. Shouldnt all those Contacts automatically become relationships? Without that I dont see a way from the Accounts screen to view all Contacts for that account.

Did I miss a step during the import?

If this is by design, is there a way to mass import or add a list of Contacts as relationships to an Account?

#2 Guest_X2Tony_*

Guest_X2Tony_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hi, nokaoii

The relationships should be two-way, as you said. Any contact record that displays an associated account link on their page should be displayed and linked to on the account record's page. This might be a symptom of the import tool but it's hard to say without looking at the specifics. In any case, we are working on refining and simplifying the import/export system in X2, and we hope to include a more sophisticated import tool in an upcoming release.

As for your question regarding mass adding of contacts to an account, I can point you a feature that has been in place since 3.7. The mass updater can be found in the grid view in the contacts module. If you check the box next to a contact's name, additional menu options appear on the screen. The more menu will allow you the option to update fields of selected. This option can be used to change any attribute field. Select the Account field and enter the name of the account you wish to associate with the contact.

Mass_Updater.png

-Tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import, relationships, contacts, staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users