54 replies to this topic

#41 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

I'm going to play with this as well. Will you be adding more triggers once this goes out of beta? Creating lists in say Mailchimp from tags would be... AWESOME!

I think you could do this now... trigger: tag added, action: remoteapi call.   Point the URL at zapier (use a zapier trigger app of webook), etc...

#42 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSheffield Village, OH

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

Yes I was thinking that as well. The only reason we need a zapier plugin is for input. For output x2flow has always been able to push to zapier with the remove api call. 

Andy Morris, Real Estate Broker, Property Manager
Realty Trust Services, LLC
http://PropertyManagementOH.com
Make your property investment a passive investment.
43215 Cooper Foster Park Road Suite 1 Lorain OH 44053
440-220-7300 f: 866-632-9006

#43 DavidJohnson

DavidJohnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

David Johnson you can probably allready use a post out from a flow to a zapier webook to update mailchimp list. 

I'll have to check that out. I wasn't following this threat ( I am now) and didn't se ethat you posted this work around. Thank you!

#44 DavidJohnson

DavidJohnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:07 AM

Maybe I am doing something wrong. When I try to connect X2 with Zapier I get an error message:

We hit an error adding your new account

authorization failed: Missing user credentials: user

I have my user name: admin and my API. I also tried my url with and without the index.php

http://3gengagement.x2vps.com

http://3gengagement....s.com/index.php

Any suggestions?

#45 secretweapon

secretweapon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

I tried to do an integration with Mandrill using Zapier, to record clicks as actions in X2. However, it didn't work because all I have with Mandrill is an email address of the person that clicked, and that's not enough to record an action (because I assume I need an association ID?)

The click tracking coming in the next point release should solve this problem, but generally, I think email is the best way to match contacts from an external service. Is this possible yet?

#46 DavidJohnson

DavidJohnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

I have it set up to call zapier but I am having a difficut time figuring out the values to send over. I want to sent First and Last name as well as email address. I'm not sure what to put for the values.

As it is right now I put in:

• Contacts_firstName
  • Contacts_lastName
  • Contacts_email

As values but I keep getting an error on Zapier. Any suggestions?

#47 DavidJohnson

DavidJohnson

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

Duh, nevermind. Working beautifully.

#48 kenlyle

kenlyle

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMorrisville, PA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

I am hitting some fairly serious limitations in Zapier, specifically:

1) inability to easily run multi-step Zaps (Create Customer, then Create Invoice), as well as

2) their inability to carry line items with an invoice.  Anyone have any workarounds?

For 1), I am just adding Customers for almost any record creation.

For 2), I am thinking about just posting a link in QBO back to the X2 Quote/Invoice.

Thanks in advance.

#49 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Is anyone still using Zapier?

#50 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

Yes... lots.  We send a decent amount of text messages w/ x2flows (automated followups) with it.  Other uses:

• Register for webinars (gotowebinar) from signup form
  • Mark gotoWebinar attendee's (put contact in a list or with tags) after a webinar is done
  • import contacts from excel
  • auto compile & remove lists (google sheets) of contacts for telemarketing
  • auto mark people as "purchased" in our remote email marketing software (we will stop using this once we get every contact from that system in x2 so we can use our new custom email marketing module).

Please note: We have our own custom form processor that uses x2's api to accept form posts and update/create contacts... some of the zapier stuff we do uses this system via webhooks.

#51 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

that0n3guy,

how did you connect Zapier to X2? I´ve only seen the "example" above, what didn´t work for me. And in zapier itself there seems no predefined ZAP.

I´m new to both, Zapier and X2, so be lenient ;-)

Regards, Michael

#52 that0n3guy

that0n3guy

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

Here is how I put stuff into x2: https://goo.gl/CI0ApW

The above is really a very good solution.  its way better than having zapier do the api calls to x2 b/c I can do all kinds of duplicate checking and update duplicates.... zapier wouldn't be able to do that very well.  This probably doesn't help you much since I have a custom form submission thing.  But a simple PHP script could do this pretty easily as well.  See https://github.com/t...uy/x2restclient

For going from x2 to zapier... I usually use x2flows like so: https://goo.gl/fNPMzM

#53 alt_f4

alt_f4

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:55 AM

Hi again,

thanks for sharing this. Guess it´s far beyond my knowledge...

My primary goal was to connect an IMAP account as an incoming-mailbox for X2 (because mail pipe is not possible for me...shared hosting) to attach all incoming mails to X2-contacts (and maybe maore later).

Hmmm, maybe in a few years ;-)

Thanks anyway, Michael

#54 Success

Success

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

Guys, having the ability to integrate to hundreds of other apps with Zapier would add so much more capabilities.  X2 seems to be losing it's forward momentum the past few years and not being able to update it or connect from external programs is a HUGE limitation that has us thinking X2 might not be the package to choose in the future.

#55 lt2018

lt2018

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

Bumping this to the top.  I am at a loss for not being able to get my leads from other sources into X2.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users