kenlyle

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationMorrisville, PA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi!

On the home page, and on a page /technology, there are two references to Zapier integration, but I can find nothing else, except one forum post which mentions it tangentially, relating to mailparser.io

Can anyone shed any light?

It would be great to see X2 on Zapier, but I can't seem to locate any trace of an integration there.

Thanks!

#2 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSheffield Village, OH

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

yes i have seen zapier mentioned... just getting ready to do some integrations. i know how to do an api post out to zapier but would like some examples of how to use zapier to post a new contact to x2crm. 

also wouldn't mind something through zapier that would allow me to put an comment or tag on any contact that match a specific email or specific phone number. 

i prefer to use my own forms (i use gravity forms) as opposed to x2crm sign up forms just because they are so interchangeable. 

Andy Morris, Real Estate Broker, Property Manager
Realty Trust Services, LLC
http://PropertyManagementOH.com
Make your property investment a passive investment.
43215 Cooper Foster Park Road Suite 1 Lorain OH 44053
440-220-7300 f: 866-632-9006

#3 kenlyle

kenlyle

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Hey Andy!

I am using GravityForms, too.  I just created a couple of Zaps to create new projects in PM systems based on a GravityForm submission.

#4 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

i asked zapier about the integrating with x2. there response was the following:

"x2crm is a new one to us, do you know if they have an API? I couldn't find one from a brief search, and normally that's a bad sign since it's necessary for an integration. If they add an API(or have one that I can't find), then they could be added through our developer platform. Here's a link with more on that process and how you can help:https://zapier.com/h...-service-zapier "

i gave them a glowing review and informed them that x2crm did in fact have a rather nice rest api. 

would x2crm think about paying a developer to make a zap through the zapier platform? or giving more detailed instructions if a custom zap is not necesarily on how zap in new contacts or ad notes or actions to contacts that say have a matching phone email other information.

#5 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

I worked on Zapier integration a while ago but ran into some difficulty. In particular, integration would have required either extensive changes to X2CRM's API so that it followed conventions expected by Zapier, or extensive development using Zapier's scripting API to accomodate X2CRM's API conventions. Additionally, the UI for development/testing in Zapier was rather buggy, and to top it all off, priorities were abruptly changed while I was working on that project and thus it fell to the wayside... I digress.

Building a new more elegant and REST-ful version of the API, distinct from but not replacing the original (for backwards compatibility), has been in the cards for some time. It has not been a high priority because of insufficient demand for it, but I'd be happy to work on it if enough people want it, because it's something I'd personally be interested in doing. Said project would make an API that fully conforms to Zapier's expected conventions and would follow best practices from the very beginning, so that nothing will ever have to change in a way that might possibly break existing API scripts depending on it.

#6 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

A thousand times yes.  The interface is so nice and x2flow is so sexy. I have to think a connection with zapier and really easy to use API could bring a lot of business your way. Its the type of thing that would bring in geek evangelists like myself and consultants who recomend to all their clients because it is so cheap and flexible. 

#7 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

Well, I've been given the green light to spend time working on this, so it'll get done.

#8 kenlyle

kenlyle

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

Great, Demitri!

I'd be interested in testing whatever you come up with.

#9 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

My intention is to build it from the very start using unit and functional testing with cURL requests. That way anyone can test it works in their server environment by installing separately to a testing database and then running tests in protected/tests with PHPUnit

#10 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

k excited about this.

#11 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

x2dimitri - not to hold you to it but is there a likely time frame for the new zapier friendly restful api you are now working on? i am developing some things and just wondering if i should wait for that or not.

#12 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Still pretty bogged down with customer service requests. We're currently working on a major bugfix release by EOW or at least as by as soon as a week from today. Once that's done it's on to working on 4.0, which will include the new API, and I'm guessing that finishing all the features we have queued for that release will take (I estimate) three weeks give or take.

#13 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

o.k. will i will stop asking questions and let you get to work then :) ha.

#14 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

BTW: Supposedly a new developer platform just launched so when the api is updated zapier may well be easier to integrate.

Wish Zapier supported your favorite app? You're not alone. 

Today Zapier supports 262 services, but the web has gotten so big that there are many great service not supported on Zapier. This release hopes to change that.

Zapier is officially launching a brand new developer platform that helps anyone add new services, triggers and actions to Zapier. 

Not a developer? Don't worry there's still plenty of ways you can take advantage of the developer platform. Check out what's new in the post on the Zapier blog. 

Get New Apps on Zapier

#15 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Awesome; I myself am looking forward to that! We really want to get some integration going between our own X2CRM instance and Chargify.

#16 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

awe yes i can see that coming in handy...

#17 sylviasimone

sylviasimone

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles and Argentina!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

Andy, how are you using Zapier right now?

"In solidarity, unity and support--we the X2Community can all move forward maximizing the system X2Engine is! To 'automating everything!', salud! " -- Sylvia

#18 kenlyle

kenlyle

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:04 AM

Hi!

Since Andy and I discussed this, and I am the OP, I'll jump in.

I am currently running a few Zaps, mostly around making things happen in Quickbooks online, entering Sales Receipts either from a form entry or an e-commerce order.  My other CRM then syncs these from QBO.

There are probably about a thousand triggers and as many actions now that Zapier supports some 250 apps.  Web form to CRM is kind of obvious, but, at this point imagination is the limitation.  Sending SMS messages, adding projects or tasks,  based on activity in X2 or setting leadscores or activities based on activity outside of X2.

We just need the code and a reasonable set of triggers and actions.

If you have any ideas, especially for X2 trigger events (New Lead, Lead Converted, Opportunity Closed Won, etc.), or X2 actions (Create New Lead, Convert Lead, etc.) now would be the time to chime in.

Best,

Ken 

#19 Guest_x2demitri_*

Guest_x2demitri_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

Many thanks for the useful and helpful input! Yes, those are some really good reasons why I'll be working on developing a new more elegant/REST-ful API that plays well with Zapier for 4.0

#20 trustserve

trustserve

Advanced Member

• Premium Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

gravity forms - to contact input on x22crm. All my stuff is on gravity forms allready. 

mailparser.io to take outside email leads and put into x2crm instantly and do automatic sales call outs etc all using the x2 flow and then twilio api

trigger sms messages using twilio api

trigger postcards through the directmailmanager api.

there is a amazon shipping option that should soon work on zapier. i plan on having gifts sent to vip contacts using the x2 flow post out and zapier api

i think i will be using the callfire call center / auto dialer and for scheduled calls they will simply go on the call center list.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: staff response

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users