X2Community Forums

Guest x2demitri

I can't seem to get this problem to happen in 3.5.6. Maybe your users are selecting the "Private" option when uploading? That would make it so that only the administrator and the user who uploaded it can see it. Otherwise, if left as "Public", it's visible to all users.

demitri,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that, even the users posted it cant see their own attachments, only an admin can see it. Also, users can only see it in Media module.Kind of strange here.

Could it be settings glitch?

What other possible things can I check?

Guest x2demitri

The latter requirement not satisfied means uploading files to the server via PHP shouldn't be possible. However, if that were the case (and the requirements check might be in error here) the uploading ability should not work at all. It is not expected for it to behave in the the way you describe, where it is uploaded successfully but only visible by a given user (admin). 

What I would try, on top of a 'sanity check' where I try uploading directly to the media module, is to check role permissions. It's possible something in there happened that wasn't supposed to happen.