X2Community Forums

A new web lead has come in, but it could not be found

Hi Alex,

I'm looking at the code and this is due to a slight oversight. The Event for a web lead coming in will still be created even if the web lead fails to save properly. What that means is that if a web lead didn't enter a required field but it still submitted (we're actually working on a better solution for this) then the Contact will fail to save, but the event will still be created.

As a professional edition user, you can also add all required fields to the web lead form so that a Contact can properly input them. If a field is required on the form it will validate and not submit if the field is blank, but unfortunately if the field isn't marked as required on the form itself, it can be submitted and will actually fail. As I said, we're working on a better solution for this so that all required fields will HAVE to be displayed on the web lead form.

Jake

Hi Jake

It appears to be because I have added a dropdown and set it to required.

when I manually create a contact, it tells me I cant have the same option chosen in the dropdown. How do I change this please? I get round it by setting the dropdown to allow multiple choices, but I don't want that, I want one option to be chosen per contact, but multiple contacts have the same option.

would it assist if I set you up as user as before with the Calendar issues way back when?

Hi Alex,

Did you set the field to "Unique" as well as "Required" ? Unique is a new validator we added to allow for fields to have unique values. Based on the error you are describing, this sounds like what is happening. 

If that's not the case, we can set up the user process again and I'll log in for you.

Let me know!

Jake