• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 webbieguy

webbieguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

I just installed 3.5 Open Source Edition.

I created a custom field in Accounts to store a business' Facebook page link.
Under Customize Fields, I selected Type to be URL.
Then I save it.
Using the Form Editor I added the field to my Accounts (both Form and View).
So far everything looks good.
The weird thing is that when I enter something in the newly created field it kills my Account view after I save.
After saving the Account entry I would normally expect to see the Account View of the account I just edited - Instead, I get a white page, stripped of all formatting, no navigational menus, with only the first few fields on the page.
After investigating this issue some more, I discovered that if I change the field type to "Single Line Text" then everything's fine again. But I want the url link to work.

Finally, I went through the whole process at demo.x2engine.com and it produced the same error. Could one of the developers please look at this?

Thanks

#2 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

I know where to look to see what might be causing this. I'll work on a fix here and get back to you when I have some information.

Jake

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#3 X2Jake

X2Jake

X2 Engineer

• Administrators
  • 1275 posts
  • LocationSanta Cruz

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Upon investigation, I realized this bug has actually already been fixed internally. The issue is caused by having two URL fields on the same model that are not empty, and it will be resolved in the next release. We're hoping to get this out sometime in the next week. In the meantime, when you're on the bugged page, you should be able to see the ID of the account in the URL. It would look something like 

http://yourserver.com/path/to/x2/index.php/accounts/[id]

Change the ending of that to: "accounts/update?id=[id]" and you'll be able to remove the piece of data causing the error and view the account again. As soon as the next update is out, this should be resolved for you.

Jake

Jake Houser

Software Engineer at X2Engine

jake@x2engine.com

#4 webbieguy

webbieguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Thank you. So far x2 is impressing me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Form Editor, Customize Fields