TechBySteve's Content

There have been 7 items by TechBySteve (Search limited from 07-April 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16185 Documents Module - Email Template - Show History of emails sent

Posted by TechBySteve on 31 January 2020 - 11:55 AM in Community Support

Hello All,

I recently was able to get a a email template properly set up and pull in all the info I needed.

Now i have a few questions:

1. Can i add a default BCC email address to it?

2. Is there a way on the modules main page to show a box that lists all the sent emails using the template?  Basically looking for a way to easily manage if and who an email was sent to.

3. How does the system decide on what the destination email should be?  could it be if they all match a certain check box in the contact module?

Many thanks,

Steve

#16180 On 7.1, need to be able to include multiple modules of fields in email template

Posted by TechBySteve on 27 January 2020 - 11:55 AM in Community Support

Hello Clifton,

THAT WORKED!! Thank you.

#16177 On 7.1, need to be able to include multiple modules of fields in email template

Posted by TechBySteve on 24 January 2020 - 09:08 AM in Community Support

Hello Clifton,

I apologize if I'm being repetitive but I am still confused.

We want a field in the module, routers, (router name) to be included when we do an email template on the module, connectivity.  

Every single once of our services have a unique identifier, a service id, that includes every router and connectivity and firewall, etc

In connectivity, we have fields such as Speed, carrier, contract length, etc, and we have Primary router and secondary router fields. Primary and secondary router fields have a service id manually entered that is a hyperlink to the appropriate service in the router module.  This part works perfectly. I am not trying to change this function and want it to stay this way

I think our only option is to pull the router name into connectivity based on the service ID that is manually entered.  If there is already a field in connectivity that is a UID for a router and links straight to the router we want the device name for this router to show in connectivity.  Can you assist with this? I do apologize as i realized i have changed my tune a bit

#16175 On 7.1, need to be able to include multiple modules of fields in email template

Posted by TechBySteve on 17 January 2020 - 01:15 PM in Community Support

Hello X2Clifton,

For #1,

Cant i just make the field non editable? therefore solving this issue

For #2

Is there automation that can be done whether nightly or ... to correct this? 

#16170 On 7.1, need to be able to include multiple modules of fields in email template

Posted by TechBySteve on 17 January 2020 - 09:13 AM in Community Support

Hello X2Clifton,

Let me try that most likely next week some time, its been a crazy few days in the office and i dont think ill have time.

Thank you for the quick answer, I am REALLY looking forward to trying this out.  Just curious are there any downsides to using linked fields like this?

#16166 On 7.1, need to be able to include multiple modules of fields in email template

Posted by TechBySteve on 15 January 2020 - 05:23 PM in Community Support

Also my first attempt at a linked field i created a field in connectivity with field name: c_Device_Name.Routerfirewall and it didnt display anything, i want to remove the field in connectivity but X2 says all field data will be deleted, does that mean therefore the field data in c_Device_Name.Routerfirewall? 

#16165 On 7.1, need to be able to include multiple modules of fields in email template

Posted by TechBySteve on 15 January 2020 - 05:20 PM in Community Support

Hello All,

Taking over x2 management in my company and need some assistance.

My end goal is to add attributes from multiple custom modules in an email template.

I've read into lookup tables but am still heavily confused

I think I need to link field in custom module (routers) to field in another custom module (connectivity),  All routers have a unique service ID as do all Connectivity.

If I can get simple step by steps that would be great.

Am also interested in workflow and if a workflow can assist here

Many thanks,

Steve